Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to protect gas cap door & below?

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

I saw in Mid America a rubber gas door protector, all that it is, is a flat piece of rubber that is attached to the gas filler neck and unravels when the gas door is opened.

In my state it is illegal for a person to fill his own tank.

Thanks

Alan

kingman said:
In my state it is illegal for a person to fill his own tank.

Say what?? I've not heard that one, except when I went to have my propane tank filled. You have got to be kidding me.

By the sheet of rubber and make it yourself.

Find another state to buy gas in ! I've seen the protectors and wondered who would ever buy that? Now i know. Buy one.

Gas is cheaper in NJ than in any of the states nearby. I travel there to fill up my sedan, pay the $2.00 toll and still save $. Rubber strip is the answer.

jarsdad1 - I see this is your 1st post!

jarsdad1 said:
Gas is cheaper in NJ than in any of the states nearby. I travel there to fill up my sedan, pay the $2.00 toll and still save $. Rubber strip is the answer.
Welcome to the :CAC

When ya get time post a few pictures of your corvette.

Later - D

Alan-

The plastic protector is a piece of junk, and you would have to rely on the gas jocky to put it in place each time.

I ALWAYS PUMP MY OWN GAS IN JERSEY (Unless I am getting a fill up in the Bonneville). I just get out and say "I got it." I Armor all the plastic around the gas cap and a good coat of wax on the quarter panel below the gas door if I should drip any.

I usually tank up at the same Sunoco station, so AcK-Med Mohommed knows me already.

Is the question about a protector because other people are filling your tank and might be sloppy?

I had no idea NJ had such a crazy law about filling your own tank. That is bizarre.

Tammy

Ack-Med's Brother fills mine !!!!!!!

Warren

Most of the time l get out of the car when l bring my vette into the station and because of the way the C4's gas tank is located they will let me because l will stand over them.

I have not filled my tank up with my C5 yet but hope to this weekend.

Alan

Sad but true, NJ is one of the few states that have this crazy law.I pump my own anyway,when they see the vette I think it is a relief to them when I start to do it.lol. Hess started this new thing where you need a pump jockey to pass his card thru first so I go elsewhere. Usually use the Shell V-power anyway and they know me now so its not a problem.It's almost spring!!!

04 Commemorative said:
Sad but true, NJ is one of the few states that have this crazy law.I pump my own anyway,when they see the vette I think it is a relief to them when I start to do it.lol. Hess started this new thing where you need a pump jockey to pass his card thru first so I go elsewhere. Usually use the Shell V-power anyway and they know me now so its not a problem.It's almost spring!!!

Oregon won't let you pump the gas, either.

MsSchroder said:
Is the question about a protector because other people are filling your tank and might be sloppy?

I had no idea NJ had such a crazy law about filling your own tank. That is bizarre.

Tammy

yup why do you think I'm glad I got out when I did ;LOL
they also have a law that if you have you windshield wipers on you lights must be on also. When I go back east with my Vette I pump my own or go elsewhere.

bossvette said:
they also have a law that if you have you windshield wipers on you lights must be on also.

We have something similar in GA- if it is raining, the lights must be on. Of course, DRL's might satisfy that requirement ;)

Tammy

Same Law in New Jersey

And this law l believe in for sure.

Alan

Man, I know I'm getting old. I used to pump gas in the summer. As much as these guys charge, they should pump your gas, and do the windows too. Remember the days when they would also check the oil? Not to mention the free glassware during "gas wars". Man, I feel old, and I'm not even 50 yet.

Good Old Days For Sure !

And they would say thank you in English!

Alan

glad that we dont pump our own gas in new jersey when I travel out of state and I see people pumping their own gas in all kinds of weather, now thats total bulls--t. just my .02. Denny

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom