Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How young to start working on Vettes?

L48

Mine is 7 and I am thrilled that he likes turning wrenches.

http://upload8.postimage.org/697182/photo_hosting.html

He's disconnecting the half shaft here. Obviously he is being supervised and I am selective on the tasks he does, but he's taking to it like a fish to water.

Of course his sister is in on it too.

Whenever they show an interest....feed them!!!

Wow, that is great! That's a great age to start...nurture that interest!

My grandaughter was about 7.She still show an interest.Wait until she gets old enough to date.What with the interest in anything automotive by the male speices she will make them feel quite inadaquite.

Right on!

My little one doesn't really get into the wrenching part...but man just owning this car gives us SOO many opportunities to bond as father/son. For that alone I'm very very thankful.

Bill

My son isnt really interested, but my daughter, now thats another story!!!!!
MyHelper.jpg

Cheers

Richard

:upthumbs Sweet! Kids and Vettes are just too cool!

Mine is over arranging his model/die cast/toy collection this very moment... a silver 63 split window "car phone", a red 69, a red plastic '84 "dealer display" model, a red C6 RC toy, a yellow C6 die cast, and the C6-R 1/18 die cast he got just this morning. We also have a '68 convertible model to put together.

Bill

My kid started when he was about 4 and Look where it got him!!!:chuckle:chuckle:upthumbs
His little sister knows her way around a Small Block Chevy too!!:upthumbs

CLICK!!

CLICK!!

Mine is 7 and I am thrilled that he likes turning wrenches.

http://upload8.postimage.org/697182/photo_hosting.html

He's disconnecting the half shaft here. Obviously he is being supervised and I am selective on the tasks he does, but he's taking to it like a fish to water.

Of course his sister is in on it too.

My son is 8 months... he can't wait to get behind the wheel again!
attachment.php

Nurture that desire. Mabye he'll get lucky and end up working at a Mercedes / BMW /Jaguar dealership making big bucks without working nights or weekends.

My Jag gets the $140/hr treatment anytime it visits the Dr. but that's only during banker's hours. They close at 5 and are not open on the weekends. Pretty sweet deal if you're on the profit end of that equation. Not so good if you are the poor schmuck trying to get work done.

well my 18 year old daughter is a gearhead my 75 is a 4 speed she took it around the block and did great 4 the first time..she helps me with my 66 and drives it alot its great the 75 is 4 me and my son to work on hes 14 but is mr baseball at this time.kids and cars its a great thing

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom