Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HUD/DIC Problems-Wierd

W

white02

Had a wierd electrical failure this morning. I've had my 2002 Coupe for about a week and this morning the HUD "bled" in that the speed numbers "bled" into the lower part of the display. Lasted about a minute then cleared up on its own. Also, I had programmed the DIC so that when I locked the car the lights would flash and the horn would blow. Well, on its own, the DIC now locks the car automatically when I turn off the car and open the door. Anyone else seen this? I'm going to wait to see if the problem persists before going back to the dealership but if anyone has had a similar experience, any tips would be appreciated.

I picked up my '02 Coupe this past Saturday & had to play with all the options and set them. I can't respond to the part about the numbers that "bled", however I can tell you that an option in the DIC is that when you remove the ignition key, one or both doors can automaticly unlock.

Good luck w/ the car!!!

Steve
:w

You can program the DIC to lock and unlock the doors. You may also have your remote set to automatically lock the doors.

Thanks for the tips guys. I had the DIC programmed at the time to have me lock the car with the remote with the horn and lights. The auto lock option was off, at the time of the HUD incident, the DIC option to auto lock apparently came on by itself. Anyway, it hasn't happened again so I'm just chaulking it up to one of those glitches that come out of nowhere. Love the car by the way. My first one, my wife dosen't understand my obsession but I can sum it up this way. Went to a wedding about 12 years ago, I can't for the life of me remember whose wedding it was, but I do remember a guy getting into a vette in the parking lot, the color of the car, the interior, like it was yesterday. Never felt that way about any other car. Again, thanks for your help.

We are all here to help!! I'm obsessed with my new toy!!! I find myself looking at the Vette in the garage and waiting for my next spin...

Steve:w

Locksmith report

I have unlocked a few C5s that "locked themselves". Being a fellow Vette owner I always give them a break ;) and then inform them to read their owners manual and set the locks any way they want to. I usually don't hear from them again, for the vette anyway.
--Drew:w
:bu:bu

Under certain bright sunlight conditions where the angle of the sun is typically high above and behind you, the HUD appears to "bleed" into the other parts of the display when the sun hits it - at just the right angle.

I've had this happen several times, and once the entire display was lit up like the LCD panel was about to explode! Bright sunlight is the culprit.

If you were driving at night or during a cloudy day, it would be an entirely different situation.

The HUDs not perfect, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Ive had a simular experience as MacShee98.

This graphics display anomaly is explained in the owner's manual on page 2-117, Section 1, paragraph 3.

Thanks for the tips guys, it was the angle of the sun problem described in the last two posts. It happened again yesterday so I took the next avaliable turn to change direction and test this theory and it cleared up immediately. So angle of the sun is it, not an electronics problem, thanks guys, I can sleep at night now.

That's OK, Mike...

Freaked me out too, first couple of times that sunlight thing happened to me...

You really gotta dig the HUD:_rock

Torchy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom