Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Huge day for corvette racing

catbert

Corvette
Night Race blue C7
Today Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner won the ALMS GT race at Virginia International Raceway going away. The win gave Gavin the drivers championship, Corvette Racing the Team Championship, and Chevy the manufacturers championship in GT.

It was a beautiful day for the four hour race, which won by the number 4 car, which led for three hours and forty five minutes. The Corvette corral outdrew the Porsche version the corral, and everything, generally went to plan.

One more race in the series, the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta, but it will be just for fun, since the season results are already in.

Good job guys!

Congratulations to Oliver Gavin for winning the championship.

Congratulations to Doug Fehan, Danny Binks and all of Corvette Racing for winning the team championship.

Congratulations to Chevrolet for its Manufacturer's Championship.

Also kudos to the guys at GM Powertrain who work at the Corvette racing engine skunk works next door to the PBC. Those 5.5-liter Gen 5 DGI race motors they are building seem to be powerful and bulletproof reliable.

Also kudos to the guys at GM Powertrain who work at the Corvette racing engine skunk works next door to the PBC. Those 5.5-liter Gen 5 DGI race motors they are building seem to be powerful and bulletproof reliable.

Hmmmmm.......5.5 liter engine. Where have I heard that before?............Hmmmmmm

Merger

What do you all think about the merger between ALMs and Rolex? I think it could be ok, but sure hope they retain all of the classes, somehow.

Ohhhhhh, by the way...I forgot to mention I just bought a 2006 Base Corvette with only 23k on the odo. It's absolutely perfect. 3LT, heated seats, polished wheels, 6 disk Bose automatic.

I'm hoping for the best, but NASCAR hasn't hit many home runs lately, and that's who will be calling the shots. Personally, I think ALMS got I it right. Maybe I'm just a glass half empty guy.

Your car sounds great. what color?

Last edited:
New Vette

I'm hoping for the best, but NASCAR hasn't hit many home runs lately, and that's who will be calling the shots. Personally, I think ALMS got I it right. Maybe I'm just a glass half empty guy.

Your car sounds great. what color?

I picked the car up from the dealer yesterday and it is more than I had hoped for. On the 150 mile trip back home, it averaged 28.5 mpg which is amazing. It's white. I have pics to post in a bit.

?The Merger?

What do you all think about the merger between ALMs and Rolex? I think it could be ok, but sure hope they retain all of the classes, somehow.

I don't in any way want to sound like a snob, but I've always enjoyed the difference in ALMS vs. Rolex GT or NASCAR for that matter. Any ALMS event I've ever been to simply isn't a "hooters n' beer" event... it's racing, real honest to goodness racing without the all the nonsense that IMHO has polluted NASCAR racing. I'm not thrilled at all about the merger. If they somehow manage to lose the flavor that has made ALMS racing so enjoyable I'll be disappointed. So for now, I'll enjoy Corvette Racing's awesome season and with some hesitation look to this new future. Stay tuned, eh?

Steve

A huge VIR fan. :w

Attachments

• P1040110.jpg
    P1040110.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 98

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom