Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

humming noise

Corvette
2001 navy 'vert
Good morning!!

I was out in the very quiet garage this morning, sitting in my new to me 2001 that i cant drive yet, still snowy, and i heard a really soft humming.
It sounds like it's coming from behind the speedo, tach area. It's hard to tell for sure because its so soft. Can anyone tell me whats humming?

thanks
Rod

Your car is making a humming noise while you are sitting in it? Was the engine running?

If the car was just started, an electric AIR (air injector reactor) pump starts and makes a humming noise for a little while until it shuts off. It is mounted in the left front of the engine compartment.

If your car was not running - I don't have a clue. Good luck.

OK, i went back out to the garage last night to listen for the humming.
I got in the car, shut the door and i could hear the faint humming.
When the dash lights and the floor lights timed out the humming quit, so it's gotta be the interior lights timer.

Hello Ron,

Did you ever find the cause? My mother is having a problem with her Corvette and we have no clue where to begin. Her sounds comes through the speakers when the car is on or off.

Hello Ron,

Did you ever find the cause? My mother is having a problem with her Corvette and we have no clue where to begin. Her sounds comes through the speakers when the car is on or off.
According to his post, it was the interior light timer.

That being said, when I hum, it's usually because I don't remember the words...
:L

Welcome to the CAC!!

Mac

Hello Ron,

Somebody grab Mac's ban hammer so that I can go beat on him. :D

Chrylz, describe the sound that you are hearing. Also, are you 100% sure that the sound is coming through the speakers? Have you put your ear right next to a speaker and listened to verify what you are thinking?

Somebody grab Mac's ban hammer so that I can go beat on him. :D

Chrylz, describe the sound that you are hearing. Also, are you 100% sure that the sound is coming through the speakers? Have you put your ear right next to a speaker and listened to verify what you are thinking?
The weapon of choice among the admin group is the light sabre... This is not the post you were looking for...

Mac

AIR pump?
Interior lights timer?
Sound system speakers?

OMG...what is that humming?!

Gotta be a Zombie hiding under the dash.

I mean, heck....it's Halloween, isn't it?

The weapon of choice among the admin group is the light sabre... This is not the post you were looking for...

Mac

I'm smart enough to leave you Jedi warriors alone... with your mind control and things... might convince me to like vegetables or something. :D

I'm smart enough to leave you Jedi warriors alone... with your mind control and things... might convince me to like vegetables or something. :D
Too late! I've never seen burgoo without vegetables, have you? :w

Mac

Yuk!
lol.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom