Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hurray My Barry Grant six shooter is finally in

Got your shorts on..... I Hear..(now I may be wrong so don't all you experts jump in and Flame me...).. Original Matching parts complete anywhere from $5000.00 to $7500.00 Restored..

I got this $ number from a Vette restorer friend of mine. He did a 427/435 car and that the owner had paid $7500.00 for the correct unit restored. And that was less the complete Air Cleaner.!

Holy ..S_ _ T..!!

Well after redoing the 435 setup that is on my 454 I can believe it. The things are EXPENSIVE to redo. Also note I said I had the OVAL Port which is rarer than the Rectangle Port. Who EVER would have figured things would get that crazy.

I think I paid about $1500 for the Oval port. Empty..no carbs no nothing no linkage no fuel lines. The 435 system came to me with carbs and an air cleaner. The carbs were junk....enter Jerry Luck and his Magic, now the carbs look like they came out of a time machine...absolutly PERFECT not to mention they run perfectly.

I wonder if I should sell the oval port manifold?????

I bought my 67 tripower stuff in 98. I paid $1K for a very nice #374 intake, $750 for a set of carbs, and $500 for an NOS air cleaner in the original box. I sent the carbs to Jerry Luck who kept them almost 2 years and charged me $650 or so. So I've got around 3 grand in everything not counting the linkage and fuel lines. Like someone said, it's at least double that now. I looked at one of the repro tripower intakes from Kaufmann at Orlando and they looked pretty nice. The show price was $2850. I also heard that they are going to make #351 blocks and #391 square port heads so I guess we can look forward to seeing more 67 L-71 cars being built.

BL

I have a 67 Oval port 3x2. I have been thinking of getting it cleaned up by one of the professionals who do that stuff. What are these things worth these days?

About 5 years ago, I spent $1400 on a rough oval port manifold, 3 used carbs and the complete air filter housing (with a crumbling original air filter) at Carlisle. I had the manifold welded to fill in the worst holes and I ground the surface myself. No complaints.

Looking at the big blcok over the weekend, the air conditioning makes installation of a hairdryer a bit of a problem. Now that VNV has me buying alternators with enough capacity to power a small town, I'm not going to downgrade to a mini running below the belt line. So, looks like the tripowere is the way to go. I looked at the manifold last night and I had the configuration exactly backwards. The end ports are larger than the port for the center carb. Ok, a 350 in the center and two 500's on the ends. No big deal. It's only money.

...and, i always mill off the carb choke towers...from what i've read, it doesn't make a big difference with a 4bbl but i believe it may be more useful with the tripower

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom