Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hurst shifter too tall for console

G

gold1969

what is the correct length Hurst stick for a 69 4 speed. I have seen some Hurst sticks that are way too high out of the console. Has anyone noticed this issue? I would like to find a Hurst stick that keeps the shifter ball at the same position/height as the stock shifter. I currently have the Hurst shifter with the fake T handle stick, so it looks stock. I would now like to change the handle to a Hurst unit.

I hated my Hurst shifter handle. I bought one of those stock appearing handles that is designed for a Hurst shifter and love it. It is the perfect height and falls right into your hand when you sit in the drivers seat. I would definitly recommend one. All the usual vendors sell it.

Hurst makes bolt-on sticks all all shapes and lengths. Measure what you have height wise, and order accordingly.

The The Hurst shifter is great but the fake T handle ball and stock balls are so small its hard to get a good grip on it. Twice on the drag strip my hand slipped right off it going into 3rd gear. My goal was to get the large black ball that will mount on a Hurst stick. I was hoping that someone might know off hand the correct length in inches for the stick. I will probably just take mine out and measure. I know Hurst makes one because i was just at Corvette Mikes in Anaheim and saw a 69 with a Hurst stick and the ball height was low, just like a stock shifter.

I didn't care for the shifter handle height on my '69 when I put in the 5 speed. I just took the handle out, cut an inch or two off it, and then redrilled the holes. Cheap and easy, and it's the height I want.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom