Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hurst Sold Again...

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
The Hurst division of Mr. Gasket was sold yesterday, and is now a subsidiary of B&M (Chatsworth, California); B&M now has about 90% of the shifter market for both manual and automatic transmissions.

:beer

No antitrust concerns there, eh?

I love my Federal government.;squint:

I don't think that aftermarket shifters are a big enough deal for the gov'ment to worry about. It just might be a good thing that Hurst is owned by the top performance transmission company.

Tom

What is their main product target now?

I can't believe the restorod market is keeping them going with a demand for shifters for 60s and 70s cars - or are there really that many restorations in progress?

Dennis, B&M Automotive Products was founded by two guys named Bob Spar and Mort Schuman (B&M) in 1953.
:beer

Thats interesting, John. I always thought that they were a relative newcomer into the game. I thought in the mid 70's? just started hearing about them seemingly trying to muscle in on Hursts manual trans controls market. The shifters weren't as good tho. Then they kinda jumped to automatic controls. What products did they market in '53 and later?

Thats interesting, John. I always thought that they were a relative newcomer into the game. I thought in the mid 70's? just started hearing about them seemingly trying to muscle in on Hursts manual trans controls market. The shifters weren't as good tho. Then they kinda jumped to automatic controls. What products did they market in '53 and later?
If I remember correctly B&M marketed modified Hydra-Matic transmissions (known as Hydra Stick transmissions) built for drag racing. They later went into the production and distribution of shifters and transmission parts through the aftermarket.

Rich

That's right Rich. Every self respecting gasser in the 50s and early 60s ran a B&M Hydro Stick.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom