Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Husband's Manhood Comes into Question Over Corvette Purchase

Bradan Donaldson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
2004 Z06
wife-baseball-bat-corvette.jpg

The wife of "Wee Willie Winkie" believes that men who buy Corvettes are insecure about their manhood​

So dear readers, I have to ask, if you're spouse wouldn't let you buy a Corvette you've been dreaming about for years, would you write into a Dear Abby column to seek opinion?

I don't know about you, but for me - absolutely not!

Such is not the case with a 70-year old gentleman that's worked all his life and now wants to buy a Corvette that he's always wanted. Unfortunately, his wife feels otherwise.

As published in the latest issue of the Index Journal out of Spartanburg, South Carolina:

Small Manhood
Dear Aunty Pam:
I’ve worked hard all my life and think I deserve to buy a Corvette that I’ve wanted forever. It’s my money, I earned it, but my wife says it’s a waste of money, I’m too old for such foolishness (I’m 70) and that it’s nothing more than a symbol of a man who is insecure about his ‘manhood.’ We’ll let you settle the argument. Thoughts? -- Wee Willie Winkie

Dear Willie:
You know, there may be some truth to what your wife says because I’m not overly endowed myself, which is why I gave up my VW Bug and now drive a double decker bus.

But at the end of the day, what the hell—you’ve worked for it, you’ve earned it, buy the ‘Vette. And if your wife doesn’t like it, you can always suggest that perhaps you’ll start taking ‘the little blue pill’ instead and not give her a moment’s peace. Cheers, dear! -- Aunty Pam

While the guy's signature name is great for a chuckle considering the question, "Aunty Pam's" response is priceless! LOL

I've heard that guys that buy big, lifted trucks are trying to compensate for something, but this is the first time I've heard about a Corvette helping to compensate for a lack of manhood.

Is this a common topic of discussion between couples thinking about buying a Corvette? Tell us what you think below!

My wife wasn’t particularly in favor of my buying the Corvette, but she knew I wanted one since I sold the one I had when we got married. But she was really in favor after our first trip, when she realized that it could have been a big Harley or a motor home.

She now likes the Corvett.

I've heard the big truck and vette 'lack of manhood' stuff for years, think its pretty silly. I'm lucky, my wife would not be happy if I sold my vette. She's only driven my current C5 once in the 3 years I've had it, so I am doubly blessed..lol

My wife didn't really have a choice in the matter because I had a Street Rod when she married me and I've either had a Street Rod, Corvette or Race Car every since.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom