Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HVAC again...

M

maxm

Hi out there. Finaly summer has come to Sweden. I hope it will never end...but...
can enyone of you tell me were the outside temp sensor is lokated. Mine is always showing 10 degrees C.
Max

Just lookin' for posts with no replies...

I can't think of where it is located on the car at the moment Max, but I'll bump this back to the top in case someoone else can help you. ;)

The outside temp sensor on a 91 is located in the front plenum where the radiator and A/C coil sit. You can get at it by going under the front bumper and looking in the small space, it is mounted on the pass side of the box. Yours is probably in the same spot. Mine was acting up but I disconnected it and put it back together and it seems to be working now, might just be a dirty connection.
Good luck.

Ok..i have looked under the bumper. On the left side there is a plastic "box" with some holes in the front. Is that the sensor.
Max

Yup, I believe that the connector for it is inside the engine compartment, the wire leads should go through the plenum through a rubber gromet and connect by the horn. You can take the sensor out and check the resistance at different temps to test it, I don't have the resistance values handy, but I think they are in the Chevy service manual.
Good Luck.

I took the sensor out, kleened it and put it back. It was rather dirty. Now it shows the temp in the garage. It did not do so before. Will take a longer testdrive tomorrow but so far so good.
Will let you know the result.
Max

Have been riding 300 km today, everything seenes OK.
Thanks....
Max M

Cool, it is nice when you get something fixed isn't it.

Jeppp..fels god...
It`act`s like this now.
Wen i start the engine, HVAC off, it shows 10 deg C. Then it takes abaut 15-20 sek before the right temp apears. And then it works OK
Max

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom