Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hydro Boost Brakes

Brutus

Corvette
1977 Yellow Coupe
Has anyone already fitted or has considered going to a Hydro Boost set up in place of their standard Brake Power Booster?

I'd like to bring one of these units back with me while I'm over there next month, so if anyone can help at all I'd be grateful.
If for no other reason, the sheer novelty of the design would open some eyes over here if I could manage to find and fit one of these units.
Btw, second hand is fine with me.
Thanks.

Is that the same setup that runs off the power stearing pump instead of vacume? Not a new idea, I was always very happy with it on my Lincolns from a few decades ago. My only complaint is that in a panic, stab the brake's, yank the wheel situation, you could lock the pump up and loose power assist for both if everything wasent in tip-top shape. But maybe this setup is different...

Brutus said:

Thanks for giving me a link to my own post in the Forum. I posted here seeking thoughts from a different community.

Oh, a wise guy eh? :L

_ken :w

I've got a hydrobooster. Make sure you get the one w/ the gold color N2 canister for pwoerbrakes when the engine cuts out.

hydrobooster2.jpg

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom