Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I can't leave my MARK!!!

here's a really great suggestion for getting a lite-em-ups even on hot tires:

1) Get a spray bottle, fill it with cold water
2) Spray on all tread-areas of rear tires that you can get to, really soak the rubber
3) Hop in your car, gun it.
4) Smile and nod when you hear the scream! :D

or, you could create an even bigger burn with an A4 by:

1) Do steps 1 and 2 of above
2) Go in reverse, get up 10-15 MPH
3) Drop trans into "3" Gear selector
4) gun it.

that REALLY lights them up as it catches the rear wheels while they're free spinning the opposite direction and forces them to turn at high velocity forward. ;)

SLPCar Luvr said:

or, you could create an even bigger burn with an A4 by:

1) Do steps 1 and 2 of above
2) Go in reverse, get up 10-15 MPH
3) Drop trans into "3" Gear selector
4) gun it.

that REALLY lights them up as it catches the rear wheels while they're free spinning the opposite direction and forces them to turn at high velocity forward. ;)

Ouch!

5) Pick up transmission off the ground when the smoke clears and shrapnel stops flying. :)

Spiderman :w

Had some wet road yesterday (it finally rained after about 6 months -- before I had the car) and turned off the Traction Control. Floored it and sat in one spot spinning for a while, so it CAN do it under those conditions.

However, that's not what I'm trying to achieve -- I want to do a quick getaway on a sprint track and need maximum acceleration from stand-still.

I went into COMP DRIVE mode on a dry road and floored it and the engine faltered and grumbled, then started to pick up and once I was a little mobile, accelerated as expected -- but I had lost a precious second or so.

I did the 'flash the converter' thing (tapped brake once, then held brake and revved engine) but the engine would not rev above about 1,800 rpm -- it just would not go above that! It was not the TRACTION CONTROL, because I tried ON as well as OFF as well as COMP DRIVE, and you can actually notice the difference -- with TRACTION ON, you can actually feel the cylinders being shut off. With COMP DRIVE and TRACTION OFF, it's noticeable that the cylinders are not being shut down in pairs (or whatever), it's just the engine refusing to rev. If you lift you foot off the brake (even at 1,800 rpm), the motor hesitates for a second then starts to power up, again losing valuable seconds.

I've spoken to the 'vette shop I got it from and they are going to put a diagnostic on it when I take it back for warranty work, but that will not be until late October (will be over in USA for the month of September, then can't get away to see them before late Oct -- they're nearly 350 miles from where I normally live).

Until then, I guess I can't challenge the Christmas Tree lights, nor get too cheeky with any fire-breathing monsters at the lights! However, let me get them on a backroad somewhere or going through the forest, and they won't see me for dust!

Thanks for the feedback, guys, but for now I'd rather keep my gearbox intact!

Ciao!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom