Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I caved!

D

Drewser

I couldn't help myself...she was so young and pretty. I took one look and I had to have her and boy howdy was she willing. At first I didn't like the look of her bountiful behind but I kept stareing at her and it started to really look good to me. So today I took the plunge...and brought home a new (to me anyway) '99 coupe, in stunning Nassau Blue. I hope my old baby won't be too jealous. As soon as I get off the road I'll take some pictures.:D
--Drew:w

Congratulations Drew! :upthumbs

[size=-2]The FEVER strikes again![/size] ;)

_ken :w

Watch out for jealousy!

Make sure Red knows she was your first love! :L
Sil

:beer Congrats Drew:beer
Sounds like a beauty. I have found that two Corvettes are better than one.:L :L
All the best and enjoy:w :w

Welcome to the C5 club. You won't regret it. Except, sometimes in my case, because I almost never get to drive ours....I do get to wash it, change the oil, etc. etc. oh, yah, and look at it............................

They are amazing cars.

Drewser,

Congratulations on the purchase!

What are you going to do with the 84'? Are you just going to mod it like crazy and use the 99' as the daily driver?

Any mods in mind for the 99'?

Hey bull

First of all, my main mod is gonna be making the payments :( . I know it needs a good, throaty exhaust and I'm thinking corsa. From their website I really like the sound I heard. I am gonna do most of my driving in the '99 since it rides so much better than the '84. It is like comparing the rides of a cady vs. a hardtail harley. They both have their plusses and minuses but I drove them both today and the difference is startling. The '84 is still my baby, but she is gonna be given a little rest. As far as mods on the C4, I can see an x-ram, roller rockers and a coat of paint in her future. I'm also gonna put some shiny crap on the C5, but it has to be tasteful. Pix by this next week!
( I almost forgot to mention the power! WOOO HAAAA! 125 in about 8 seconds!!! I was going 80, kicked it down and it went to 125 like NOW--in 3rd gear even, and had plenty of power left--I ran out of road. This thing could get me into some serious trouble.:D)

Oh no, the dreaded car payment:L But I'm sure that all the smiles that C5 will/have already put on your face will definitely be worth it.

And if I may suggest, if you change your signature photo, put both cars parked next to each other on there. That would look absolutely:beer

You are reading my mind

I have that plan. Golf tomorrow, pix Monday. You are right about the smiles. Ear to ear! On the highway tonight as I pulled onto the highway I saw two vettes (in the fast lane of course). I pulled up on them and it was a yellow C5 and a red C5. I jumped in behind them, then in front of them (they both waved)...what a feeling. A few guys pulled up in a chevy p-up and they all gave us the thumbs up:upthumbs. I could see the green of the envy in their eyes.

Drewser,

Keep us up to date on those pics, we'd love to see them. You don't see too many Nassau Blue's running around.

Can you give us some comparisons on the C4 vs. C5?

Night and day

BullWinkle said:
Can you give us some comparisons on the C4 vs. C5?
OK...the c4 is so hard you can take corners like a go cart, but you will feel your fillings on every bump (keep in mind my c4 is an 84, without a doubt the stiffest c4 out there)
The c5 is so smooth you don't even realize that you went over a bump. You can still corner like a b!tch, but you don't get thrashed while you are doing it. The '99 has selective ride too and active handling so the faster you go the tighter the steering wheel gets. Another thing I noticed is that the C5 doesn't squeek like the C4 does. Much stiffer body/chassis. The C4 is more like a race car. The C5 rides like a dream, but accelerates like crazy. New top speed today, 135 and that is like, RIGHTNOW! Like C4C5 said...this is like a nascar engine in a corvette. I am a believer. More to come and pix tomorrow!

Drew,
Hope you enjoy your C5, they look very futuristic. I hope someday to own more than just one vette! Now thats living. I do love my C4. I especially like the back end of my particular year. It looks like someone jacked up the butt end a little bit:)
kimmy

T-r-o-u-b-l-e

Corvette Kimmy said:
It looks like someone jacked up the butt end a little bit:)
kimmy
Do you realize how far I could go with a comment like that? Good thing I'm a gentleman and in love with my wife, also named Kimmy.:D

way cool...glad you have come to the dark side...now if I can just talk my wife into the vert she's looking at, we could have 2 vettes...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom