Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I did a Bubba

C

ccflorida

One of my T- Top liners became detached on one side. I tried to to push it back up with no luck. I made the big mistake of using glue and down it came again. Now I am in the process of removing glue .Maybe I will try an epoxy two part. Any ideas??:confused:

1979toy

Corvette
Red on Red 1979 L-48
Wanna trade Bubba storys?
My '79 had the headliner down in the rear drivers side. Upon investigation I discovered that Bubba had used 3M weatherstripping glue to attach the parts, plastic pull tabs on each side and the brackets to the top and liner. EVERYWHERE! I had glue in the plastic pull apart stuff and on both pieces. From experiance with the stuff I knew that I would never get it out of the plastic pull tabs, nor off of the cardboard liner. Rather than get too involved with trying to make the plastic tabs work I just ground them down to give me some headroom and used 5 minute epoxy to hold the whole mess together. I used an ample amount on the brackets and just a dab on the ground down pull tabs in case I want it apart later. The next guy can think of me as a Bubba, but I know what it looked like when I started. The 5 minute epoxy is holding up well.

twiget

Corvette
In the market
I had the same thing happen on my '78 shortly after I bought her. I just used a two part epoxy with a shear rating of over 1 ton. Worked very well. Never had that problem again. It's a pain in the but having to wait for it to crure though. The directions said to wait 12-24 hours if I remember correctly.

Jason

S

SwaveDave

Cause im tall...i just took my t top liners completely off and spray painted the t top undersides a nice black color. It looks pretty good and gives me another 2.5 inches of head room. Of course, in the summer, i dont use them anyway.

SwaveDave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom