Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I found a gallon of gas under my driver's seat!

Chetzki

Corvette
1996 Torch Red LT4 Coupe
I was doing RM on my car and found about $2 of change under my seat. When I first got it, I found about $2 under the center console. I wondered if a man or woman had the car before me, but with that much change under the seat, it had to have been a man. Of course, I immediately thought of buying a gallon of gas. It's the car that just keeps on giving.

So, if you're struggling paying at the pump, reach way down below the seat from the back and see what you come up with.

See ya!
Chetzki :w

Not What I Thought

My first thought was "How did a gallon of gas get under the seat?" And I hope you didn't try to start it without finding the leak!!!;LOL Growing up I remember a thing where when someone got a new car be it used or new, you'd empty all the change in your pocket on the passenger floor for the new owner. Now some said it was for good luck, others said it was for a phone call if it broke down, take your pick.:confused

Ever have trouble with your seatbelt retracting? I found over $4 in change when I removed the mechanism cover. Problem solved.

$2.00 won't buy you a gallon of gas here in Illinois! :L

nor in MS if its Premium -
:(

It is a custom to throw change in a new owners car . I have tossed a handful of change into my friends new cars. Just something that has always been done since I started driving.
Chetzki said:
I was doing RM on my car and found about $2 of change under my seat. When I first got it, I found about $2 under the center console. I wondered if a man or woman had the car before me, but with that much change under the seat, it had to have been a man. Of course, I immediately thought of buying a gallon of gas. It's the car that just keeps on giving.

So, if you're struggling paying at the pump, reach way down below the seat from the back and see what you come up with.

See ya!
Chetzki :w

Rain said:
nor in MS if its Premium -
:(

It won't even get you regular here! :cry

How about this - a few months after I got my 86' coupe I was giving the interior a thorough cleaning. I was cleaning the seats at the joint where the back meets the seat bottom. I reached in there and was fishing around for whatever might be there. I came out with a Gucci watch! I showed it to my wife and she said go fish around in there some more and see if you can find a Gucci purse. This is a true story!

I did a little cleaning with my current girlfriend. We vacuumed the car out and cleaned the dash. I had a bright idea lets do under the seats. Well lets just say i found somethings under the seat that belonged to my last girlfriend. Mostly haie clips and stuff like that. It was a very delicate moment.

Craig

The only things I have found under my seats so far is some change from 1996 and some rust under the passenger side seat from God-knows-where.

Hope everyone else has better luck,
Shane

vetteboy86 said:
I did a little cleaning with my current girlfriend. We vacuumed the car out and cleaned the dash. I had a bright idea lets do under the seats. Well lets just say i found somethings under the seat that belonged to my last girlfriend. Mostly haie clips and stuff like that. It was a very delicate moment.

Craig
HATE it when ya run across the ex's crap - sure make for a delicate moment doesnt it!?!?!

Speaking of ex girlfriends....

http://www.backtothefuture.nl/flash/shygirl.swf

Nothing came out of my car when I bought it from previous owner... Maybe this is due to our customs here in Turkey, which does not involve throwing change / coins inside the cars... We hang "luck beads" for good fortune and I have one of those hanging around the shifter; my darling wife bought it for our car.

Oh sorry, the owner forgot a CD inside the disc player. He was not even aware of it when I gave it back to him; he did not know how to operate the player...

I reached in there and was fishing around for whatever might be there. I came out with a Gucci watch! I showed it to my wife and she said go fish around in there some more and see if you can find a Gucci purse. This is a true story!
Nice!:beer

The only thing I've found was a dry, stiff, old, hamburger patty with a bite in it. How it go there with the person eating that hamburger not knowing it went under the seat is a mystery.:(

I found a check book and a woman's hair brush under the driver's seat of mine that belonged the 1st owner of the car. I tracked her down and returned it. Found out a lot about the history of the car in the process.

This has been fun! One advantage of being in TX - my last fill-up was less than $2 per gallon for premium, but that was right before it shot up. She's on jackstands in my garage this week getting radiator flush, thermostat change and TB by-pass. I've never heard of the tradition of leaving change behind. I know a guy who wrote "HA! HA! $500" on the thick dirt on the hood of a beater car he dropped off at the dealer that gave him $500 trade-in for it.

Happy hunting, hopefully you won't find anything more disgusting than a hamburger!

Chetzki :dance

Found a little over $4 in change, some of it stuck together from the Cracker Jacks, cheddar popcorn, Jolly Rancher's, and some things that were unidentifiable. Also some gas receipts, a screwdriver, and a hairbrush.

Jeez folks!
There isnt THAT much room under the seats! hahahaha

Guess since its not that accessable, that we just never see it -
Cant see it, IT must not be dirty!

;LOL

Edmond said:
$2.00 won't buy you a gallon of gas here in Illinois! :L

Gas has been coming down for the last week here in South Carolina. I can buy it as cheap as 1.95 for premium.

Brett

Lets see........2 dollars U.S......hummmmmm... that about fifty bucks Canadian.......

THAT WON"T EVEN GET ME A LITER OF THE CHEAP GAS.........

Wish I lived in the US.....some where warm would be nice too....

HAHHAHHAH

Willycool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom