Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I gave up on the 68, its beyond me..

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
Well I gave up, tried everything (well almost everything) could'nt get it to start. Had the flat bed come over and load it up and take it to American Custom Industries here in Toledo. They got the car at 1:00, at 4:00 he called me up and said the car lives.. :WHe spent 45 minutes on this car and got it running :bash.
So now that its there, its going to get a complete inspection including all the work that I've allready done.
Cant wait to drive this car !!!!

Well Jim, congrats on getting it running.....now let us know what cured it!
Inquiring minds want to know.

Cee,
I'm a little embarrassed to say..
I had that distributor in 3 different locations (all of which I thought were dialed in at TDC on compression stroke at #1) I kicked myself for not paying better attention to the orientation of rotor before I pulled it. Smart me was sure I could figure it out later.
At least now its done and I can move forward to the front end repair and getting a new hood to replace the one w/ the camaro louvers. Maybe I can get a few bucks for them on Ebay.
Jim

Hey, no problem!
Been down that road myself.....Pulled my dist. a few years back and couldn't get it cranked either.....finally had a friend come over and we went thru it again. Finally got her started. Not an easy thing to do if you aren't doing it often.
Glad you are getting her roadworthy.
Let me know if you are swapping out the PO2 wheel covers....I have 3 and looking for another. Car was originally delivered with them but they disappeared a long time ago....like it with the Rallye's but want a complete set of original type.

Good luck!

I may beable to help you. I too like the looks of the ralleys better but she came w/ the PO2s and she'll stay that way.
I do have a 5th cover, after I get things all back together I'll e-mail you a pic and you can let me know if your interested..

Great....appreciate that.....picked mine up off ebay awhile back....guy only had 3. :(

Been there, done that. Beat my head against the wall trying to find a glitch and all it took was for someone else to take a look and "see" something I was overlooking.

Join the club.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom