Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I got Bumps (Vert Question)

CELT4RAGTOP

Corvette
1996 LT4 Collectors Edition Convertible
I noticed a couple of days ago that there were bumps on my convertible top. There was one on each side up at the front (I'd say about 5 inches from the front of the top and about a 1/2 inch to the outside of the seem that runs the length of the top.) Well I stuck my finger under there and fished out a busted rivet from each side.

The top seems OK and nothing seems to be loose. Does anyone have any idea of how important those things are (are they one of many holding something together or are they one of one and is something going to go flying off?) Being in Florida I rarely put the top up (only when it rains), but I don't want something flying off at highway speeds one day when I'm driving home in the rain.

Damn, I tried to help you with this by bumping it back to the top, but for some reason the convertible owners aren't responding. I don't have a convertible or I'd try to help ya. :CAC

I've never had this problem on my 96 top. (cloth). I would imagine the stability of your top frame has been decreased, but as long as it's latched down, it shouldn't be a hazard. The only problem I've had is when I keep the top down for a long while, I've noticed some wearing on the edges of the cloth, but no loose or broken parts. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom