Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I just want to fit in

• Thread starter Thread starter no_vette_yet
  • Start date Start date
I've been toying with taking the visors off too. Do you have any regrets?

EttevroC said:
I've been toying with taking the visors off too. Do you have any regrets?

No regrets, I put them in a safe place and they take about 1/2 hour to put them back on if required...there is only that small dime size hole that shows, other than that I think it looks clean

I'm only 5'10" and I have the seat moved all the way back in my 91. My friend who drove it, he's around 6'02" and weighs in around 240, he looked like he was in a sardine can and had a hard time getting in and out. I've ony driven a C5 a couple times, but I think I think I remember there being slightly more room in there. All I can say is go try one on for size.
I'm tempted to take my drivers visor off too. The darn thing is barely inches from my head and I never use it.

slapshot said:
I'm only 5'10" and I have the seat moved all the way back in my 91. My friend who drove it, he's around 6' and weighs in around 220, he looked like he in a sardine can and had a hard time getting in and out. I've ony driven a C5 a couple times, but I think I thenk I remember there being slightly more room in there. All I can say is go try one on for size.
I'm tempted to take my drivers visor off too. The darn thing is barely inches from my head and I never use it.

I have never used my visors, mine were starting to fade and more of a pain in the @$$ then they were worth, you would be surprised the visibility difference...just remember to keep them for resale

5'7", 135 lbs. here. I have the seat all the way back and as low as it will go. If you're behind me, the seat actually covers me.:L

Kenney said:
No regrets, I put them in a safe place and they take about 1/2 hour to put them back on if required...there is only that small dime size hole that shows, other than that I think it looks clean

Cool, did yours have lighted mirrors? The wiring is the only thing holding me back now.

no_vette_yet said:
Well I'm only 6'2" but am long between the tailbone and top. I will see if the side lever can make a gross adjustment to allow me to fit. Am curios to know the difference between the sport seats and the regular seats. How can I tell the difference and is it right that the non-sport seats sit lower in the cabin? My plan is to make my first vette a mostly depreciated c-4 and if I love it then upgrade to a c5 or c-6 later on. This will only happen if I can cram myself into the c-4 with decent comfort.

The AC3 and AQ9 options allow for lots of adjustment seat-wise. It seems mine will adjust a thousand ways...
You could always buy a rag...

EttevroC said:
Cool, did yours have lighted mirrors? The wiring is the only thing holding me back now.

EttevroC

There is only about an inch of wire showing with the visors installed, there is a little slack and I cut them in an area were they could easily be spliced back into place without being seen. I taped up the bare end and tucked them back into the cross member.

Thanks for the tip. Those rascals will be gone this spring.
:beer

Big Daddy Wilkerson, Back in ’97...

When he was playing for the Cincinnati Bangles (a defensive lineman)... was deciding on wether he was going to buy a Porsche 911 or a showroom new ’97. He decided on a white C5 coupe over the 911, hit fit in it better. He came into the local Chevy dealership with one of his teamates, a linebacker who was just as big as he was. On several occasions, I saw him turning into his estate with it. This man is as big as an aircraft carrier and can literally write a check for any car under the sun.

If he can fit in a C5, I’d think it’s a safe bet you should too. As for a C4 fit, I hope you find a comfortable seating position, the C4’s are a load of fun, good luck!

B17Crew
:w

Oddly enough, a friend of mine just test drove my Vette tonight. He's about 6'4" and weighs too much. Opps I didn't say that. Anyway he was really cramped. His legs were smashed up agaisnt the steering wheel and his head hit the top. He said he was comfortable but I think he was just being nice. I doubt that he will volunteer to take the car on a cross country trip with me anytime soon. I'm 5'10 and I fit like a glove in my baby.

6'36" 198,4 lbs here. Actually, I feel quite comfortable in my -84. I have long legs :L

190 lbs. 6'1" - '90 Convertible w/sport bucket seats. I fit in the car fine after some adjustment to the seat, the problem I have is w/the clutch pedal. My shoe size is average for my height and weight (10.5) but gets stuck between the clutch pedal and side wall, I can't simply just slide it off the clutch between shifts and rest it to the side.

I'm 6'3" and fit just fine in my 94 coupe. I moved the seat a little toward the front and leaned the seat back. I have the solid top and have had no problems. I think you just need to play with it a little.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom