Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I lost it...

maxphunn

Corvette
Red '59, Silver '66 convertible
at least I can't find it. I'm sure there was a thread here not long ago about replacing a dash pad in a C1 but I can't find it. There were several helpful hints. Pulled the windshield tonight, gonna do the deed this weekend and need all the help I can get. Can somebody re-post the tips or point me in the direction of the thread. Thanks.

maxphunn said:
at least I can't find it. I'm sure there was a thread here not long ago about replacing a dash pad in a C1 but I can't find it. There were several helpful hints. Pulled the windshield tonight, gonna do the deed this weekend and need all the help I can get. Can somebody re-post the tips or point me in the direction of the thread. Thanks.

I have a sheet from al knoch PM me a fax number and I can fax it to you today from work

I aslo have to do this,so in preperation I have my pad relaxing in place on my car in my heated garage. From all I have read about this it seems the most import thing I have gained is

1-trim the minimum from the windsheild area.(the pad will scrink over time)
2-if you get wrinkels use caution with a heat gun trying to remove them as you could pull/ruin the grain with too much heat.

Good luck

what type of glue are you going to use

IH2LOSE said:
1-trim the minimum from the windsheild area.(the pad will scrink over time)
2-if you get wrinkels use caution with a heat gun trying to remove them as you could pull/ruin the grain with too much heat.

That's what happened to my old pad. It shrunk away from the windshield in the corners and away from the pass side cove trim piece. It was a shame because the rest of the pad was good.

I'm going to use a brush on glue. It will be easier to control where it goes than the spray on.

After the fact, I found there is an access hole for the windshield bolts that are back in the corners close to the tab bolts. They had been covered over by dashpad material...Grrrr

Thanks for the instruction sheet offer by fax, I PM'd my fax #.

maxphunn said:
at least I can't find it. I'm sure there was a thread here not long ago about replacing a dash pad in a C1 but I can't find it. ....
This is the only one I could find but it looks like you probably already have what you need.

Regards,
-Eric

Thanks Eric, that was helpful. I'm going to crank up the heat in the shop and make everything toasty.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom