Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I love my EMTs

EMT's Road Hazzard Warranty

Actually, some road hazzard stuff is covered on the New Car Warranty through GM from Goodyear on the EMT's, you have to read the warranty card carefully to find it but it states clearly that GM or Goodyear will repair or replace the tire up to the first 25% of wear on a new vette (Just had that happen with a nail on my 02). Warranty covers patching, mounting and balance. After 25% wear if replacement is needed, then the tire is prorated, and fixing a flat is the owners expense. One option I suppose is to simple drive on the tire and let heat distroy it flat, then they have to replace it and it only costs you the prorated portion. As for mine, I patched it, only had 7K miles on it... and it was a rear, but watch the jokers at the tire shop!!! Static balance will vibrate more than a standard inboard outboard wheel weight combo.

Re: Mileage

E-Chick said:
My car had 26K miles. I'm the 2nd owner and don't know if they were OEM (is that original?) or not. They were used when I bought the car at about 19K miles. I got about 7K out of them myself, but don't know how long the life expectancy is...I am an aggressive driver (are there any passive Corvette drivers? LOL!)and have driven from Dallas to San Diego (when I bought the car in Dec '01), Vegas twice and numerous joy rides around So. Cal. I LOVE to drive...and she's my daily driver.

Hope that helps!

I got 30K out the EMT's on my 2000 coupe before I replaced them with Pilot Sports - non runflat. When I sold the car, the new owner insisted on my putting run-flats back on the car. So I now have a set of 8/32's Pilots if anyone in SoCal is interested - 255F/285R fits standard rims. Local pickup only - I'd rather not get into shipping.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom