Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Love these New Tires!!!

larryfs said:
the problem here is most people compare new tires to the old worn out tires. and that comparison is USELESS !!

you have to compare NEW to NEW, with is difficult for most of use !

I went from Dunlop SP 8000's with about 3,000 mi on them, which I purchased new on the stock rims to the D3's on 17's. Much wider tires and wheels than stock, but there was no comparison there.

The Dunlops were nice, but the GY's are incredible :beer

Yeah man! I measured the width on the back, they are right at 11 big inches on the 9.5 rim. They look great and have the little lip over the rim in case of a curb problem.

Just awesome in the rain and aweful sticky dry. Very quiet. The tread wear on the rears is worse than the front. Wonder why?

tedster said:
My gawd. You had Gatorbacks? How old were those tires? Even when new, Gatorbacks weren't nearly as good as the last few generations of tires GY has made. But at this age, they must have been hard as rocks and just as slippery.

I, too, had heard great things about the GS-D3s but Goodyear has chosen not to produce them in the Z06 rear tire size. So when it was time to replace my F1 Supercars with a better wet weather tire, GY lost my business to Kumho.

Tedster

I'm not sure how old they were but the original owner put allot of mileage on the car before the second owner purchased it back in 1992, and then only drove it everyonce and a while, so I'll guess he added the Gators in 92.

No 315s on my car, stock size. They are just wider at the tread, about a half inch wider than the rim on each side.

:D Congrats on the new tires........be safe...;)

Installed the GS-D3s on my 2002 C5 about 2 years ago. Much quieter and smoother than the stock run-flats. And yes they are great in the rain. On an autocross course running about 1-second closer to the "R" tired vettes on a 30-second course.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom