Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! I need OPINIONS This costs money So I need the Help!

corvette addict

Corvette
2015 Z51 Black/Black
Anybody out there cover their car with that X-PEL stuff or 3M or whatever brand and how much on a C7
Just wondering if its worth the hassle.

Thanks,

corvette addict

3M is pretty much out of the market, plus, the original "Scotchcal" hasn't been available for a number of years.

All the paint protection film installs I've had done recently–'12 Corvette Z06 and two '16 Cadillac ATS-Vs–were Xpel Ultimate which is about the best PPF product going right now.

Film

3M is pretty much out of the market, plus, the original "Scotchcal" hasn't been available for a number of years.

All the paint protection film installs I've had done recently–'12 Corvette Z06 and two '16 Cadillac ATS-Vs–were Xpel Ultimate which is about the best PPF product going right now.

So I guess this is a matter of still 50/50? Looks like its easy to get messed up by the installer. Does it really help?

walter

I disagree on the 50/50 statement.

If you try to do it yourself, unless you are a trained Xpel installer.

If you go to a reputable Xpel dealer who has experience and charges a fair (rather than very cheap) price, you'll get a good installation.

I've had three Xpel installations done by an experienced, trained Xpel dealer and everyone on has gone well.

i think your talking about clear sheet protectant? check out streespeeds you tube channel he has clear protectant on his new vette, he is a lil wienie but it seems to be really good im not sure what it is called though

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom