Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I need your advice

• Thread starter Thread starter deves
  • Start date Start date
D

deves

I notice from all the pictures on the forum that no one uses the wheel well splash guards. My paint (2003 with 11000mi) is getting beat to hell from stone chips. Most of the damage is the trailing edge of the doors and the area around the ZO6 brake intake (looks like it has been sandblasted). I was thinking that the splash guards would eliminate most of the chips. My question is do these guards work or are they just too ugly to use.
thanks
dave

I have thought about using them myself. But I have not yet done it. I do not know how useful they are. Other members have posted that they help.

deves said:
I notice from all the pictures on the forum that no one uses the wheel well splash guards. My paint (2003 with 11000mi) is getting beat to hell from stone chips. Most of the damage is the trailing edge of the doors and the area around the ZO6 brake intake (looks like it has been sandblasted). I was thinking that the splash guards would eliminate most of the chips. My question is do these guards work or are they just too ugly to use.
thanks
dave

Dave, I have them on my 96 CE and painted to match. I would never hesitate to put them on any other vette I will own. They saved my finish more than you could know. They look great too. Adds a little custom touch for short money.Go for it. :cool

I had them on a '98, painted to match, and I think they looked great. They helped a lot to protect the finish behind the wheels. Mid America has the Altec molded and painted fender guards, which is what I put on my car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom