Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I went to look at the 87 Callaway and I had some questions.

1989 406

Corvette
1989 406
First thing I did was open the glove compartment with the option codes on it and did not see (RPO)B2K. I did see L98. Is there any reason why it would not be on there? Is there anywhere else I could find this code? I want to make sure it is a legitimate Callaway. I know they were in the early stages in 1987 with the car, so I am not sure if this was definately found on the cars.

Second thing was I believe it was sitting for a while, it has 19K on the odometer, the Carfax has some time lapse but nothing reporting higher then 19K. It also does not have a current inspection sticker on it. Should this be a major concern?

Thanks.

There were people that wanted the Callaway TT on there current Vettes and took them to Callaway for the upgrade. I met one guy a BG that did just that. I would get the info from the NCM if your serious.

First thing I did was open the glove compartment with the option codes on it and did not see (RPO)B2K. I did see L98. Is there any reason why it would not be on there? Is there anywhere else I could find this code? I want to make sure it is a legitimate Callaway. I know they were in the early stages in 1987 with the car, so I am not sure if this was definately found on the cars.

Second thing was I believe it was sitting for a while, it has 19K on the odometer, the Carfax has some time lapse but nothing reporting higher then 19K. It also does not have a current inspection sticker on it. Should this be a major concern?

Thanks.

Is that the 1 in Vineland ?

The early '87s did not get teh 'B2K' designation because several cars were pulled from stock to be converted to seed teh production. This is not unusual. As was mentioned, owners could also send their cars directly to Callaway for converstion. Either way, the cars were built the same way so all are equivalent.

The builds on these cars are not easy to clone, so if it looks like a Callaway, it probably is a Callaway. To be sure, you can call Joanne at Callaway Cars with the VIN and production number (from the Callaway tag on the console) and she can verify the car for you. (860) 434 9002

The early '87s did not get teh 'B2K' designation because several cars were pulled from stock to be converted to seed teh production. This is not unusual. As was mentioned, owners could also send their cars directly to Callaway for converstion. Either way, the cars were built the same way so all are equivalent.

The builds on these cars are not easy to clone, so if it looks like a Callaway, it probably is a Callaway. To be sure, you can call Joanne at Callaway Cars with the VIN and production number (from the Callaway tag on the console) and she can verify the car for you. (860) 434 9002

Thank you. That is helpful.

Thank you. That is helpful.

One more thing - what is your intention for the car? If it is NCRS judging, then remember the "burden of proof" lies with the owner, so it will be up to you to provide documentation that the car is a 'real' Callaway if it does not have the B2K option code. Be sure to get whatever documentation you can from the owner.

If your intent is to enjoy the car and have fun, then nothing to worry about. As I said, they were all built the same way regardless of having the B2K code or not.

One more thing - what is your intention for the car? If it is NCRS judging, then remember the "burden of proof" lies with the owner, so it will be up to you to provide documentation that the car is a 'real' Callaway if it does not have the B2K option code. Be sure to get whatever documentation you can from the owner.

If your intent is to enjoy the car and have fun, then nothing to worry about. As I said, they were all built the same way regardless of having the B2K code or not.

Just fun.

What info did Joe give ya on the car ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom