Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! IAC pintle came all the way out!!

• Thread starter Thread starter billv
  • Start date Start date
B

billv

I was cleaning my IAC, and it was extended too far, so I hooked it up loose w/ ALDL jumped, and before I could stop it, pintle came all the way out. Is there any way to get it back in? I don't want to force it and mess up threads. It doesn't seem like it will screw in either. I read not to put 12v on the terminals also.

Sadly, you may have just learned why you don't "bench test" idle air controllers.

Unfortunately, your next stop is probably the dealer for a new IAC.

If this was an original IAC valve, you were in line to replace it anyway!

Don't feel so badly. We all have done things we wish we would not have.

As Hib said, get yourself an AC/Delco part and you will be good to go!

SAVE the gosh darn :w

I just got it to screw in, although the guides (I guess thats what they are) look like they are plastic, and are kind of stripped. The grooves on the pintle look like they matched them. I' guess I'll try it and see if it works

I just got it to screw in, although the guides (I guess thats what they are) look like they are plastic, and are kind of stripped. The grooves on the pintle look like they matched them. I' guess I'll try it and see if it works
Replace it!!Your just piss'n in the wind!!:L:L:L
If that thing sticks at the most un-opportune moment it may not Idle down!!:thumb There is no since in Risking your own life,much less others around you over a$100 part!!:thumb:thumb

:upthumbs

You don't piss into the wind, you don't tug on Superman's cape and you don't mess around with the Junk:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom