Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Idle Control...

Ol'Scratch

Corvette
1988 35th Anniversary Edition
Howdy Folks!!...:w
I'm a newbie to this site, but I've had several C-4's This one is a 1988 35th Ann. Coupe. My problem is that she idles rough, and you have to press on the accelerator while cranking to get her to start. That rings the old "Idle Control Motor" bell, but I can't find a schematic that show where it is, or more importantly, a stock number so I can order one. Does Vette have something different that does this chore? Any help appreciated.
Drive On!!...:D
Fast Freddie :pat

It is possible you have a bad IAC but the symptoms you list–hard starting and poor idle–are not always IAC problems.

You should never have to open the throttle to get the engine to start.

Have you run the fuel pressure tests in the factory service manual?
Have you checked the intake system for vacuum leaks?
Is the check engine light on? If so, what codes were set?
Check to make sure the TPS is functioning properly and if it is, adjust it per the factory Service Manual?
Has the throttle body been changed? If so, was the minimum air adjustment listed in the Service Manual done?

Thank you Hib and KOPET for the reply... :thumb I'm gonna run her up to the local Chev Dealer and pay for an hour or so of their assistance. I'll differ to smarter heads than mine to pinpoint my problem. Having run a Yard Goat (Switch and Road Engines) for 35 years has taken care of my high tone hearing. I couldn't heart a vacuum leak if it was my own...;>))) :chuckleNow I'm looking for an RPO code for "BGR". I've found and printed up all of the RPO code but that one. Mebbe I should use both eyes...Drive On !!...Fast Freddie

Now I'm looking for an RPO code for "BGR". I've found and printed up all of the RPO code but that one. Mebbe I should use both eyes...Drive On !!...Fast Freddie

Google Bowling Green Plant Processing. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom