Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

If Not For Yourself

DWS'03Z

Corvette
2003 MY Z06
....then do it for your family and friends. Tomorrow, some very good friends of mine will say good-bye to their son who was killed in an accident because he was not wearing a seatbelt.
:cry

It is real simple: seat belts and airbags save lives. I should know - I walked away from a crash that was a total loss of the car. If it was not for the seat belts and airbags, I rather doubt that I would be alive today.

a message that people in our school still don't get even after:

5 LaCrosse players in a Jetta hit a verizon utility truck head on.(the truck was going about 50 and they were going about 20) 2 of the 5 were wearing seat belts and one of the ones wearing their seat belt is comming back to school monday. The other is working through and almost ready to have a "normal" (isn't really normal when your best friends are still in critical condition) life. The other 3 well, 1 is in a coma, the other is in critical condition and the 3rd is in serious condition.

If you don't think a jetta with 5 people in it getting hit is bad then look below.
0422accident.jpg

Then recently anther person (not from our school) died from tring to pass and didn't make it, he died in a head on collision. No seat belt.

I was an EMT on a rescue squad for a number of years, and some of the accidents that I saw people live through because of seatbelts made a believer out of me. In NC it's illegal not to wear them and it never fails to amaze me that they still ticket thousands of people when they do the "clickit or ticket" seatbelt checks.

Ed02 said:
I was an EMT on a rescue squad for a number of years, and some of the accidents that I saw people live through because of seatbelts made a believer out of me. In NC it's illegal not to wear them and it never fails to amaze me that they still ticket thousands of people when they do the "clickit or ticket" seatbelt checks.
Some idoits never learn until it is too late!

:(

Hi To All,
I remember back in the mid-60's when seat belts became mandatory. At this time I was mildly interested in NASCAR racing. Well, I thought, if the race car drivers wear seat belts, so should I. I have stuck to that ever since. It just feels better being attached to the Vette and being part of it. That makes driving personal.
A Collevtive Peace to All.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom