Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

if the Callaway Corvette didn't exist...

boostedmaxPSI

Corvette
'92 SNAT435 Yellow aerobody 'vert // 1988 #57 B2K
then what would most likely occupy your garage space?

For me it would be an '89 930 Porsche. That may happen anyway by the end of 2007 :) Another car on my list to own.

True but then I would only have dust in my house...

:argue

No Callaway :cry would mostly mean that I would have searched harder for a Lingenfelter ZR-1 They are still on my radar screen but the new Callaways are really gaining momentum with me! :upthumbs

...a few of these :upthumbs

challengehistory1.jpg

The Lingenfelter ZR1 and the Challenge Series cars are both good choices.

How many Twin Turbo Lingenfelter ZR1's were made?

I have a serious soft spot for the C4 body style. I think the ultimate is the 1990 ZR1, which is what I was looking for when I picked up my '92 SNAT. Maint. on a ZR1 scared me away and parts avail. was a concern for me.

I love both SNAT and B2K in their own way that makes them unique from each other. Much like the GT3 Porsche and 911 Turbo.

:ugh lol somehow my garage would not have changed so far...

I have a spare 96CE Aerobody just down the road when you get that signing bonus :)

either a Challenge or a GS, probably a GS since they are more abound.

-Luigi
:cool

No change.. Still my 81 because a can't affort a Callaway (for now) :)

Groeten Peter.

Frank, Four TT LPE ZR1's were made.
For some reason I thought they planned four, but only made/sold three? I could be wrong though.

If there were no Callaways, it wouldn't change my garage. But I sure would have lost a lot less drool over the years!

For some reason I thought they planned four, but only made/sold three? I could be wrong though.

I know that there was at least one more planned than was built. I liked my '91 LPE ZR1 so much that when they started building the TT ZR1s I placed a substantial deposit on one and went on a search for a donor car. At the time I was told that mine was the last one they were going to build, but I don't recall now if it was #4 or #5. I recall the "last one" part because that is what made me put the deposit down before I had a car.
Unfortunately the car I found/bought was a near perfect 1993 Ruby ZR1 with only 1500 miles on it. I jumped on the car, but I'm a purist at heart and I couldn't bring myself to modify it (and couldn't afford to find another one), so I cancelled the order.:ugh Fortunately, LPE was good enough to refund my deposit, and I don't believe they ever built that last car (although I could be wrong on that point).

I would still own a C4 Corvette like I have now or maybe I already changed it for a 1993 convertible 6-speed except of putting a new engine/tranny and interior in my 1986 coupe.

and lucky for me Callaway did the C1 Volkswagens so I would still own a Callaway powerfully engineered automobile.

but on the other hand, It was the Sledgehammer and later the Speedsters (aerobodies) I got known with Callaway so when these were not there I probably never knew of the excistance of the VW turbo kits.

There have been a lot of Callaway Volkswagen parts on ebay lately, have you seen them?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom