Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

If you added new heat/sound barrier....

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
....would you also continue to use the original jute(?) sound deadener under the carpets in a C2?
heat-barrier-350.jpg

Would using all three (barrier, jute, carpet) result in everything being too thick?

If you would use all three, what's on the bottom -- the old jute or the new barrier?

Stay with 1/8" or thinner barrier and you can keep the Jute backing without fitment problems. I've used both the ceramic/foil weave heat barrier and the Koolmat (pressed Silicone/fiberglass) heat & sound barrier. The Koolmat seemed to deaden sound more (similar to Dynamat), but the ceramic/foil seemed a bit better at keeping the interior cooler. Shiny side always goes down (reflects heat back to the underside).

Viking427 said:
Man are they proud or smoking dope? $350 to $650 for a car kit.

I've used a spray on sound deadener on several restorations with excellent results. $40- 60 per car. Check with your local paint supply house. I guess if you're driving a new car then Kool mat would be a cleaner install.

this may or may not help...

this is a C-3 ...i put in new carpet with the jute attached....under it is an 1/8 inch thick carpet pad...and under that i have reflectix stuff....the only issue i had with it being too thick was under the gas pedal.....when i have the floor mat in it was so thick it would have trouble kicking in when i lost control;) .....and under the seat area where the seat bracket meets the floor...i had to cut away the area where they make contact....lastly , in the area next to the seat and the door sill....the seat belt come up tight , so i had to trim that area as well....i think the more the better for sound...heat seems to find a way in , in time....but i think it was a very good addition to the sound deadener....look in the audio sites for a good spray on for the areas that you cant put solid stuff....like inside the door skins and stuff.......
Looks great!
Chas:beer
67HEAVEN said:
....would you also continue to use the original jute(?) sound deadener under the carpets in a C2?
heat-barrier-350.jpg

Would using all three (barrier, jute, carpet) result in everything being too thick?

If you would use all three, what's on the bottom -- the old jute or the new barrier?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom