Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

If you ran the new GM...

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
...how would you rebuild it and run it? How would you structure the new GM's North American lineup?

We've heard a lot about how GM is currently re-inventing itself into a leaner, meaner automotive manufacturer, but given the four major brands that GM is going to work with; Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC, what would you do with each brand as part of the reinvention?

In formulating answers, keep in mind the following facts:

• In 2007, more Buicks were sold in China than they sold here in the US
  • Although GMC is nothing more than cosmetically adapted, rebadged Chevrolets, the brand has been largely profitable throughout the years and production volumes have remained relatively steady over the last few years
  • Other than trucks and niche vehilces like the Camaro and the Corvette, Chevrolet hasn't really been doing anything great for many years now

If I ran GM~
1. I'd renegotiate with the unions for a more "realistic" contract.
2. Talk with my new boss (Obama) about the $4500 cash for clunkers program to apply ONLY to domestic car companies.
3. Buy land and create dragstrips for legal competition (especially in SoCal!) Road courses to follow if interest rises.
4. Offer support & HYPO parts for #3.
5. Fix the rocking seats in the Corvette.
6. Bring direct injection to everything GM makes.
7. Offer a stripped Corvette for track duty only. No niceties, no warranty, just SPEED!
8. Start up a cable channel that rivals SPEED CHANNEL. Promote GM vehicles in competition.
9. Acquire exemptions from EPA,CARB,CEPA, OSHA and any other Gov't entity that aren't necessary. (Like unions, they're past their usefulness.)
10. Healthcare is killing everyone (no pun intended:boogie) people should pay for thier own. (I do!)
11. Increase "percieved" value in GM products. (see #3)
12. No more golden parachutes for mgmt. (me included.)
13. Hire the best designers & engineers available.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom