Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ignorant ppl make me so mad!!!!!!

O

Oldskool153

i was at the carwash washing my black 92 that i have close to 14k invested in (including the 10k i paid for her) shes got 85k, 03 z06 wheels, custom exhaust ect. anyway i usually get nice compliments everywhere i go. anyway im washin her and some guy pulls in with a late 90s dodge neon on chome rims. and he goes "hey what year?" and i say "92" expecting him to say nice car or whatever instead he goes "oh u shoulda got an 02, those are the best thats what im getting" (as if there is a huge differance in apperance between a 97-04, which tells me right there he didnt kno what he was talking about) anyway he kept talking about wanting an 02. and so badly i wanted to say "listen im 22 years old and im driving a Corvette, your like 40 and ur driving a beat up neon on chrome rims" but i figured whats the point..anyway jus wanted to vent cuz ppl piss me off lol

Klutz

your title made me think somebody might have hit your ride in a parking lot or something. You can dismiss that little deal no sweat.
I like the C4's, there's a clean one runnin' around here, always nice to see. :w

Just let your loud exhaust do the talking that is what I do. The car speaks for itself, especially when clean and with chrome wheels. I turn heads all the time around town and when I cruise though campus.

Would you rather be the ignoRANT one that people have to put up with, or would you rather be the one that has to put up with the ignoRANT ones?

Wise old sage OUT!

I had a dumbass Neon driver want to race my 92 Vette. He says I might not win but want to see how it will do against you. I said give me $500 now and we will go otherwise go find you a corvair to race.

Sounds more to me like a case of Jealousy!!!!!! If you would have said '02 he would have said '08s are the best. Just a neon driving MAGGOT!!!!!( with chrome wheels) :boogie;LOL:rotfl!!!

Sounds more to me like a case of Jealousy!!!!!! If you would have said '02 he would have said '08s are the best. Just a neon driving MAGGOT!!!!!( with chrome wheels) :boogie;LOL:rotfl!!!

:wThat's the real answer along with normal stupidity.
I guess he just doesnt know what to say in a social situation. I would have told him that he was right and he should keep his plans.
It's all small talk anyhow.
Who knows he may be a serial killer.;shrug
It's his fantasy -you have yours!!:boogie

BTW - it's very nice.

i was at the carwash washing my black 92...
What were you doing at the car wash??? You should have your Corvette license revoked!!! I wash my white '91 (and I stopped keeping track of how much I have "invested" in the car, but I am ready to claim it as a dependent!) in my driveway with a bucket full of soapy water and sponges and then "air drying" it down the interstate!

DSC_0419.jpg

Someone made the same C5 comment to me once, and I told them if I should have gotten a C5, they should buy me one then. I went on to tell them that I looked for 2 years to get a clean low mileage 92 with FX4, etc. They grew tired of listening to me and stopped talking about cars altogether. So this comment isn't too out of the ordinary, but its better to be honest. I also get people telling me to re-paint my car too, and I always follow it up with, "your buying right?" Gets them everytime.

My philosophy has always been "Life is to short to have to deal with azzholes".

LOL darn computer as i was saying the C5 has great performance not that the c4 is a slouch. i saw the same things when i owned C3'S someone would say get a C4.. it never ends. you get what you like. all the generations have their good and bad. me i put up with these questions.. WHY THE RED LEATHER INTERIOR, WHY ONLY TWO RED STRIPES ON THE SIDE, WHY DID YOU GET BLUE...lol i tell them only comes one way if you dont like it dont buy it...

so the next time you see the hot rodder in the neon tell him they're 3 kinds of people. those who hate corvettes, those who love them, and those who envy them...

My philosophy has always been "Life is to short to have to deal with azzholes".
There is definitely Millions more Horses A$$'s than there is Horses in the world!!:thumb

:D

I'll never forget when I got my C6Z back in 2006. I went to the gas station to fill up and a woman (well dressed, corp type) walked up to me and started to scold me: "Why didn't you buy an American car? You buying a foreign import car is destroying our economy. You should support America." I stood there just dumbstruck. I kept waiting for Alan Funt to come running out with a film/sound crew telling me I was on Candid Camera!

BTW, she was driving a mercedes!:L

If he said that to me, it would've been a short conversation.

I would've just replied, "Oh, okay" and gone about my business and not even bother talking to him.

That's why I'm glad I wake up early to do stuff on the weekends, less idiots out when it's early. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom