Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I'm a mechanic - sort of.

Guy

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2010 CRMT Grand Sport Coupe
Some of you guys and gals may laugh but I was thrilled with myself for fixing some problems with the 82. The latest - I need to get my seatbelt/key/lights-left-on buzzers working for an NCRS meet in July. While I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, half the time I take something apart, get so far, decide I don't know what I'm doing, and put it back together again. This time I read and diagnosed the problem, ordered a used module and put it in. OK, good so far. Now the radio display disapears when I turn on the lights! Turned out part of a buzzer connector (on the car harness side) broke off. I was able to bend what was left to make the connection. Everything works (even though I hate the noise)! I just had to share this and I'll stop tooting my own horn. I guess you never know what you can do unless you at least try.

:J
Guy

Congrats!!

It's great fixing your own problems, I can't imagine NOT fixing them.

Keep at it, tackle the next thing that comes up, you'll be a wrench spinning vette tech guru in no time.. :D

That's excellent! I need to get more confidence in fixing things myself too.

If your Vette could talk I'm sure she'd say "thank you". :L

Barb :w

fave sayings...

One of my favorites is:
"If you don't ask, the answer will always be no."

So I guess you could turn that into:
"If you don't try, you'll never know."

Good job, Guy!
Silver

Another one I live by, especially when packing for a trip, much to Kenny's chagrin..."It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"
Heidi

I was a Auto mechanic, now am a computer mechanic and let me tell you its a shame how many people I met and meet that know how to do the job but just dont.. because of some crazy fear- So always give it a try!

Few things beat the satisfaction of a job well done....by yourself!!

I used to be phobic about that stuff but not anymore, I jump in a start wrenching. If I screw up, my mechanic shakes his head but at least I have fun doing it:D. Way to go Guy!:upthumbs

- Eric

Thanks for the support, everyone!

In my 20's I gutted and rebuilt part of the front suspension on an MG Midget, pulled the dash and re-wired part of it after it started smoking :eek , replaced radiators, brakes, etc on a host of other cars. I don't know where along the line I became so hesitant. Over the past few years I've built wooden sea kayaks I paddle miles off shore. Was I ever a woodworker or mechanic - nope! I just read and try things. It's nice to at least do some things on my Vette.

Guy - No ordinary idiot:gap

Hey, Guy...good going!! I'm proud of you!

Elaine

Cudos Guy

Ya never really know what you can accomplish until you give it a try! Are at the cottage yet?

Dale

DDL-81 said:
Cudos Guy

Ya never really know what you can accomplish until you give it a try! Are at the cottage yet?

Dale

Hey, Dale! I spent Friday & Saturday up there sizing up some tasks I should get done before the rental season starts. I'll be up there again next weekend. Even at the beach, the 82 was covered with green pollen.

Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom