Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Im feeling left out!

S

SurfnSun

As I look at all these pics....Im thinking. Almost everyone here has Aerobody on their car.

Me and Malc have stock bodied cars. Joe might only have a stock bodied car, but Im guessing his recent purchase might have Aero.

Sam you don't count cause you have one of each :D

Who else has a stock bodied car out there?

SurfnSun said:
As I look at all these pics....Im thinking. Almost everyone here has Aerobody on their car.

Me and Malc have stock bodied cars. Joe might only have a stock bodied car, but Im guessing his recent purchase might have Aero.

Sam you don't count cause you have one of each :D

Who else has a stock bodied car out there?

Surf, There is absolutely no reason to feel left out - The June & July Callaway of the moth cars selected at www.callawayownersgroup.com were Malc's & Joe's B2K's - Both beautiful Callaways that are "excercised" regularly :upthumbs

Marks (FXGS) SNAT450 GS Callaway was recognized as one of the "Celebrity Picks" at Carlisle (multiple time winner of this awesome award) :)

You can always add the body - or, there may be a very low mileage aerobody coupe coming to market soon...

enjoy :m

Where the heck is Joe? Im dyin to find out what he added to the stable :D

PS im just playin....

*89x2* said:
I love that pic - Esp. the appropriate backdrop :m

I must admit I love the photo...especially how the stars and bars show up in the reflection on the car. Unfortunately we're considering selling it. Just not enough room for 2 vettes around here.

TAC said:
I must admit I love the photo...especially how the stars and bars show up in the reflection on the car. Unfortunately we're considering selling it. Just not enough room for 2 vettes around here.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen (pics of ) your garage - aside from the lawnmower being wayyyy close, you have plenty of room - Wow, selling the B2K:confused

The Z06 stole your love from the B2k? Say it aint so.....

*89x2* said:
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen (pics of ) your garage - aside from the lawnmower being wayyyy close, you have plenty of room - Wow, selling the B2K:confused

Well, we really haven't decided just yet. We've been through quite a bit of soul-searching...house searching...and other thinking to see how to live with 4 cars in a house meant for 2. The most realistic scenario had us with a lift in the garage with the TT on top and that realistically meant it would not get driven very often. At that point it's doing nobody any good other than me being able to say I own it. Truthfully it would kill me to sit there and see it all the time and not drive it and it would kill me to sell it so that's the basis for indecision.

The Z06 didn't ruin me for the B2k, it did however ruin it for my wife. She LOVES to drive the Z but won't get behind the TT's wheel. It just sounds too scary and I somewhat agree. She took the Z to 100 last week and it didn't scare her a bit. At that speed the TT is sounding like a caged wild animal getting ready to let loose. It's like the difference between a Harley and a bullet bike. Only in this case the Harley feels faster than the bullet. I feel safer punching the Z than the TT...I always feel like the TT is going to break loose at WOT in lower gears. Not so with the Z. I suppose I could get that feeling if I turned off TC and AH.

Anyway, it's not up for sale yet and I doubt I'll make any decision very quickly. I can store the car for free in Az for 1 year if I need the time to think it over. Even that's not attractive...I don't want anybody else out there "blowing out the carbon" every other month or so. We'll see.

Im sure there are some trustworthy B2k owners who would love to store your car for you, with a few driving privilages :D

SurfnSun said:
Im sure there are some trustworthy B2k owners who would love to store your car for you, with a few driving privilages :D

There's always room in my garage:gap

*89x2* said:
Tim, How about adding another bay to the garage??

FWIW, my wife like the ease of entry in / out of a C5 much more than a C4

Glad to see you haven't decided one way or the other :m

Can't be done. The only direction we can go is up or into the backyard. Into the back would make the 3rd bay just wide enough to get a car in...without being able to open any doors. The only logical way is up with a lift and that is still an option. Another option is just renting a shed for the winter months but I don't like that option very well.

Tim, A 4 post lift isn't a bad idea (and it is cost effective for adding more parking spaces). A freind of mine has one in his garage and although he dosen't park on it (4 post lift) he uses it to elevate all the "garage junk / mowers/etc" and then uses it for light mechanical work too...

I got a bit nervous with the cars in the garage next to lawn equipment so I constructed a shed (well, the neighbors call it another garage ;) )out back - No worries about nicks , etc :)

here's your solution

Tim, A 4 post lift isn't a bad idea (and it is cost effective for adding more parking spaces). A freind of mine has one in his garage and although he dosen't park on it (4 post lift) he uses it to elevate all the "garage junk / mowers/etc" and then uses it for light mechanical work too...

I got a bit nervous with the cars in the garage next to lawn equipment so I constructed a shed (well, the neighbors call it another garage ;) )out back - No worries about nicks , etc :)

here's your solution

...12 years later, finally got a BYB lift. Awesome piece of equipment, for sure!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom