Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I'm not ignoring you.....

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
....I'm just in the middle of major renovations at the new place, with a move coming up late next week. ;)

I've taken a look at a number of threads here in C1/C2 and I find them very interesting. I wish I had time to comment on them. Meanwhile, Tom Bryant and the crew are here as always.

See you soon. :w

I hope you are doing better than us this week. We are doing my roof. 60 squares and it has rained all week so far. We did make progress today as it only sprinkled a couple of times.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. :J

I have been looking in on the site occasionally. Thankfully us C1,C2 people are well behaved and don't need any policing.

Tom

....I'm just in the middle of major renovations at the new place, with a move coming up late next week. ;)

I've taken a look at a number of threads here in C1/C2 and I find them very interesting. I wish I had time to comment on them. Meanwhile, Tom Bryant and the crew are here as always.

Ingnoring me.....Sheeezzz..didn't even notice you weren't around....:L

I think we all know the dirll.. Not a fun thing moving. And to boot...redoing your new home...

Take you time..we'll still be here..To bad your not around the corner..I'd come over and pound some of those 8 % er's and help you rip up the floors..:beer

Ever had a kitchen and center hallway renovation done? Today was day 7. Rewiring a 40-year-old house to accept modern appliances is a neat trick. Pulling wires through old walls to new and separate circuit breakers, etc. Then there's drywall and dust. No comment on plumbing and lack of toilet for hours (pee but do not flush). Not finished yet. I am getting used to paper plates. Hope things work out for you.

I'm with Mark too bad you are not closer I'd pitch in also. Many hands make light work.

Craig,

You aren't too far away to jump up on my roof. :L

I have 4 guys here today working so even I am staying off of the roof for the most part. You are welcome to stop by if you are out and about though. I have some new toys in the shop I can show you.

Tom

House repair people are like GM technicians: they do the basics with limited knowledge of what really has to be done on older cars or houses. Try to get a Holley re-built. I have spent 10 hours cleaning up the wiring and drywall mess. It's not yet finished yet but I have a contract hold-back. One of the benefits of age is experience: anticipate the worst-case scenario. I do.

Wow ... all this talk of drywall, wiring, roofing etc. That's been my life lately. I'm renovating a one story 2500 sq. ft. (light) commercial building, aside from running my business out of the same place while this is all going on. Now I'm ready for drop ceilings. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. Guess it only makes sense that people who can take on a Corvette restoration project won't flinch at taking on other large projects. :)

Same here: every time I think I might have a minute to work on my garage or my cars ......SOMETHING comes up. We are now headed to the THIRD color on the walls of a small bathroom we have. Could have been worse I guess it could have been the master bedroom. ARRRGH. All weekend getting acquainted with my new chain saw cutting back trees that are "Putting toooo much shade on the back yard". I really hated the old house but this is gettin rediculous. I keep asking "What about me and the stuff that I want to do"? The answer seems to always be "Aren't you interested in the house remoddeling ...it is for you too". Well not only is it for me it is BY me also.

I know what you mean, the things I want to work on are always last. When we built this house/barn I told my Wife one day on the house the next on the barn; it never worked out like that though :L
Whats even funnier is if she buys her own Corvette, the things that are "OK for now" on yours need to be fixed right away on hers. :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom