Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: improving the ride of a C4

Gaming Glen

Corvette
1996 Grand Sport convertible, 2003 red coupe
After driving my C4 for a few days I drove the C5. What a difference in ride smoothness between the two. The C5 will be sold as soon as I get my reprinted title and until I sell the C4 I'll be driving it. That may be quite awhile. I was wondering if there's a way to smooth out the C4 ride (besides driving on perfectly smooth roads :p ).

I like the C4 better. My shifting is smoother in it, the AC unit does a better job (but then it is a smaller cabin space due to being a convertible with no back hatch area). I like the high door sill because I sit on it to get out and up, being able to put my feet more directly under me.

A late model blue C7 is my target car to buy, after I sell the C4.

After driving my C4 for a few days I drove the C5. What a difference in ride smoothness between the two. The C5 will be sold as soon as I get my reprinted title and until I sell the C4 I'll be driving it. That may be quite awhile. I was wondering if there's a way to smooth out the C4 ride (besides driving on perfectly smooth roads :p ).

I like the C4 better. My shifting is smoother in it, the AC unit does a better job (but then it is a smaller cabin space due to being a convertible with no back hatch area). I like the high door sill because I sit on it to get out and up, being able to put my feet more directly under me.

A late model blue C7 is my target car to buy, after I sell the C4.
I heard an upgrade to a coil over suspension helps with the ride quality on the C4s.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom