Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

In Praise of a Dealership Service Department

FB REF

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Electron Blue
This is to praise a dealer's service department. Medved Chevrolet in Wheat Ridge, CO (Denver) has seen six corvettes owned by me over the past several years, and I am happy and proud to report that I have never been disappointed or unhappy about their responsiveness, service, understanding, and attitude. Most recently I took my '04 coupe in for a "Charge System Fault" message on the DIC. It turned out that they replaced the alternator. The following week the message appeared once, briefly, and I took it back yesterday, to find out it was nothing, and everything is according to GM specs. In both cases, the checkout and repair were done in a day. Every time I've taken my car in for service, there was no damage to the car, it wasn't dirty, there wasn't excessive miles on the odometer, and the job was done right the first time. I asked to speak to the tech when I picked up the car yesterday, and found out that two had looked at it. I chatted with them for a few minutes, and it was, actually, rather amusing. They appeared to be rather stunned by the fact an owner would want to take the time to walk back and talk to them. The service writer, who is also very customer-service oriented, told me they very seldom speak to an owner who wants to thank them for doing a good job. After reading so many horror stories on this forum, and others, I think it's time that you get to read about a service department that does the job right. I feel very fortunate that I have a service department I can trust with unequivocal confidence.

well, it's a great thing to get that kind service FROM ANYONE! the great thing about your little conversations is the fact that they will now most likely treat you car like a nursing puppy!!! :)

This is a rare post indeed. Few people take the time to praise in general and taking the extra step that you did sure made them feel good. Unfortunately it's true that the typical customer only provides feedback on negative experiences and not the positive ones. I commend you.

Hi FB REF, if you're still getting good service from Medved Chevrolet, it would be great if you could add it to our database of service reviews. It's always nice to hear about good service experiences and adding Medved to our site will let other people know about it!

http://shofr.com/add/
:beer

Good for you... and good of you!

The same people have been taking care of both my Corvettes since I bought my first one in 2001.

I believe in telling them when they do good, because I'll be the first to raise holy hell if they don't. In fact, I tip the techs, the tire man, even the kid that details her when she's in the shop for repairs.

I'm not rich by any means and I can't afford to give them a large amount... but it's amazing how much these guys seem to appreciate a smile, a thank-you, and $5 or $10.

:wJane Ann

I have a great dealer service dept. also.........3 or 4 pizzas do wonders in connecting with the techs!

I live in the Denver area and can recommend 2 other dealers who work on my vettes and do a great job. I have talked to the techs at both locations who know the vettes (one is a master GM tech) and the service writers, both who know me and know that I expect quality (one service writer has a 93 corvette convertible). Bozarth Chevy in Lone Tree and Stevinson in Lakewood both have done great service on my corvettes and other vehicles. The Bozarth sales people are top notch. Of course, I still get charged for the work, but the work is done right the first time and I do get the senior citizen discount. Both dealerships go out of their way to find other ways to reduce the costs for me. It is interesting that Medved is in this class because before Medved owned the dealership and moved it to it's location at I-70 near Ward Road from the Wasdworth location, they would not even work on my 66 corvette and their sales people were rude. Nice to know that they have changed their attitudes. Might mention that my bad experiences go back to the 1970s, not the current Medved people. So now I have 3 dealers I can take the vettes to. Do you know about the quality of their service at Medved's other location on south I25?
Barrett

Ayers Chevrolet
1 Route 46 west
Dover N.J.
Never had a bad thing to say about them
Their Vette guy there is "Johnny Urkle"
Great guy !

Fitchburg, Mass. Colonial West Chevrolet

Here's where I bought mine new and and they've always knocked themselves out
to make sure I'm pleased with the service.

http://www.colonial-west.com/

Remo:cool

Hey, FB REF I just ran across this thread and I am glad to hear that you have good things to say about Medved, they are not far from my house. I haven't had the need for any major work but I will keep them in mind, if I do. Thanks for the information.

Hey Guys, these are all great suggestions, but the trouble is when someone really needs them they are almost impossible to search for buried in these forum threads.

We've built a review directory that makes it quick to leave reviews, and very easy to find them when someone is really in need of a new shop in their town.

But it only works if the people who have had the good (or bad) experience leave the reviews. So I encourage you to stop by and help your fellow Corvette owner by telling everyone about your favorite shop!

http://corvette.shofr.com/

If you don't see your city or preferred shop, just add it!

http://shofr.com/add/
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom