Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Info on C4 needed

Mario93ZR1

Corvette
'93 ZR-1 & '99 Coupe
A friend of mine wants to buy a C4 and since it's his first Corvette ever he wants info on the car. I went to check out the car for him and it looks like a nice C4. A couple of things are off and one of them is the odometer. The car reads only about 5100 miles, so it had a new dash or something like that.

Since we live in The Netherlands, he checked our national odometer registry. He did not find any entries there that could tell him anything about the real mileage of the car. The car has been in The Netherlands since 1998.

It's VIN is 1G1YY2380M5115630. I found out that the Lemon Check database has 6 entries, but since I haven't got a membership, I can't read these. Could anybody please assist with this?

TIA,
Mario

I can't help with "Lemon Check" but it sounds like that is some kind of data base covering either maintenance records or issue relating to titles.

If the Odo. reads only 5100 miles and there have been six "entries" in this "lemon check", those are certainly "red flags" which should cause more research as to whether the car's title is clear.

I'm sorry, what I mean is a record from the Carfax database. If I'm correct, it used to be referred to as "lemon check" ;)

We checked the Dutch equivalent (because the car was in Holland from 1998 up to now) but that database doesn't share much info on the odometer.

The mileage shown on the odometer is stored, I think, in the ECM (or one of the other computers), it's not stored in the odometer itself. Changing the dash shouldn't affect the odometer reading.

Asking for a Carfax report is a violation of forum rules to the best of my knowledge.
The vehicle is 1991 model year based on the M in the VIN so mileage is stored in the CCM (Central Control Module) or body computer. If it was changed without resetting the mileage using the dealer Tech 1 scan tool that would explain the mileage discrepancy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom