Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: information on the HUD system.

Corvette
2002 C-5 hatchback- -torch red
Hey guys,

Looking for any information on the HUD system. Mine apparently isn't on and none of my books indicate which fuse feeds the thing. The owners book says to check the fuse? Which one? Is there any data on repair / replacing the system?

Thanks

Last edited:
The HUD is only connected to the IP Cluster itself and nothing else. Look for fuses related to the IP Cluster. Also, try cleaning the dimmer switch (spray electrical contact cleaner in and work the slide).

HUD System

The HUD is only connected to the IP Cluster itself and nothing else. Look for fuses related to the IP Cluster. Also, try cleaning the dimmer switch (spray electrical contact cleaner in and work the slide).

Thanks, project for this week-end. but, what does the dimmer switch have to do with the HUD system? Got me on that one!

Jon

The dimmer slide switch for the HUD system; left side of the dash where the HUD display controls are.

The dimmer switch, if slid down to the bottom, will generally turn the HUD "off" FYI. Before anything else, slide that switch up all the way; could be the HUD works fine and it was turned off by accident in cleaning, or the previous owner found it distracting.

I tried that a few days ago. I haven't sprayed the switch yet but do you know what the switch in the wiring diagrams coming off the IPC is? Trying to figure out the wiring without a diagram so to trace the power lead in is a headache. I like working off diagrams and am still searching the internet for one.

My Vette is gorgeous from the outside and generally speaking so is the interior. However, having had it now for a few months I've found things like the drivers vanity mirror broke, the courtesy lights on the mirror fubar. All these lead back to the IPC. Half the drivers vanity mirror works and the little light shining down on the shifter works, so now I'm wondering if the switch for the HUD is out to lunch. I certainly do appreciate everyone's input in solving my situation.

Only switches related to this issue at hand that I'm aware of are overall dashboard lighting (dimmer/brighter) and HUD lighting (dimmer/brighter). The sunvisor mirror lights wouldn't/shouldn't be run through a dimmer, and the only switch they need is right there at the sunvisor. By the way, have you checked that the HUD isn't aimed incorrectly and not in a vision area for you? The are adjustable because of the different heights of people and there seating positions; mine was quite a ways off when I got it and I could only see just the upper edge of it...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom