Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Injector problem - dumping fuel

junkyarded

Corvette
OK - This is my first vet and I seem to have a serious problem - I installed a rebuild kit in the fuel pressure regulator because gas was going thru into the cylinder's and getting into the oil - I also replaced the fuel pump and changed the oil - Now when I connect the battery and turn on the ignition the pressure gauge I have connected goes up to 35-40 pound's and drops back to near zero and it seems to be pumping gas into the cylinder's and going down past the rings again into the oil - IF i disconnect the fuel pump so it doesn't build up pressure the car will start and run for a few moment's ( if I connect the wires while its running the pump builds up too much pressures and bog's or floods the motor to the point where it will stall ) - I have no idea what the problem is as I have never worked on anything with fuel injection - Any Idea's ? Car is a 1985 c4 as far as I can tell but has weird emblem's attached - On the fender there is an emblem with ZRX 85 Dealer Evaluation Program - On the dash is another with ZRX 85 evaluation Only May not be sold and on the hood it has 350-325 - It has been sold and titled and registered a few times prior to my getting it and I do have a clear title so I would like to get it going and back on the road = If you PM me I can send pic's of the emblem's

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom