Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Inner Window seals

Jeb

Corvette
1987 Convertable
I've searched high and low for an answer to this question and couldn't find one.

I am replacing the inner window seals which are stapled in place. I have removed the old seal and the staples are still in it. I can remove them and reuse them if necessary.

But...I gotta ask...are there any tricks to attaching the inner seal to the door? I can see right now that trying to put the old staples back in the old holes will not be unlike herding cats. :Silly

What's the trick? Can I use regular heavy duty staples:? Will the new staples penetrate the seal and the plastic strip on the door? Will another type of fastener, such as a screw, be ok?

Anyone who has done this...I will appreciate your input.

I read this a couple hrs ago and have been trying to remember what and how I did this...Seems like I ran into the same issues. I DO know that I had the panel off and apart, and all the pieces off, so that may have been some help.
For some reason I keep thinking that the seal snaps in place as well as had staples....I can't see enough in there now to tell. It was a few yrs ago and I'm gonna have to do this again soon.

Thats why I'm looking at "complete panels" this time...I recall the aggrevation and the fact that the panels always end up cracking,seals, misc hardware, so a complete panel assembled at the mfgs shop means I dont have to deal with the little stuff. For what the trim pieces cost seperate, the complete panel is a good deal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom