Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Installing C1 door window rear guide liner

Chevyman for life

Being the 1st '59 I've restored I am back with another question. I bought liners for the side window rear guides.

I got the guides all cleaned up and painted. Opened up the packages for the liner and they look awful narrow (length is OK). While there were no liners in the guides when I took them out, you could see fabric weave impressions in the channels where the liner fit all the way to the top edges of the channel.

To do that the liner would need to be 3 1/2 inches wide. The new ones are 2 1/2 inches, thus leaving a 1/2 inch uncovered area on both sides of the channel. I sure don't want to scratch up the polished window frames when they go up and down.

Anyone have experience with this? Are the 2 1/2 inch liners adequate?

Also, any suggestions on what to use for adhesive? I could use weatherstrip adhesive but that's going to be messy getting it properly adhering down in the channel. I thought of using 3M fabric spray adhesive which might go on smoother but that still seems difficult to get evenly distributed unless I only spray the fabric.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gerry

This is a good question. I'm going to have to do mine one of these days too. I hope we get a good answer.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom