Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Instrument Panel/Central Control Module

D

Doyle McAda

After car warms up (approx. 20 minutes) the LCD for mph/fuel goes blank. Still has light but no read out.All other guages work fine. After car cools is ok.

Similiar problem

the speedometer on my 92 coupe works fine till car warms up then irratically goes from current speed to "0" and then to any number in between then "0" or maybe the correct speed. i think it's the ground. the service manual shows it to be on drivers side between back of engine and the firewall. DON'T KNOW IF IT'S DOWN LOW OR UP TOP,ON THE ENGINE OR ON THE FRAME. going to get a jack and start looking for it. might be behind the battery box. i'll let you know if i find a fix.

DON'T KNOW IF IT'S DOWN LOW OR UP TOP,ON THE ENGINE OR ON THE FRAME.
Main harness ground is to engine block on large bolt above oil filter
There is typically another major ground point to frame behind cluster

grounds.jpg

Similiar problem

thank you!, i'll start with the engine ground. you've been very helpful,THANKS!

Similiar problem

cleaned and tightened ground above oil filter and ground to bell housing bolt --NO LUCK! i think its the ecm , when speedo isn't working car isn't running right. might be a bad solder joint that expands when car heats up.

cleaned and tightened ground above oil filter and ground to bell housing bolt --NO LUCK! i think its the ecm , when speedo isn't working car isn't running right. might be a bad solder joint that expands when car heats up.

if its the speedo thats most of the problem, be certain to check the signal generator on the trans. That is what creates the signal to the dash. Check all plugs, look at the harness along the trans housing.

There was a GM service bulletin about wiring harness chaffing on casting ridges on transmissions and causing all form of electrical malfunction,.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom