Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

inter door panel

I have been wondering. For the above mentioned procedure, can you replace the rivots with some type of bolt or screw so that you don't have to drill the rivots out everytime? That is the only part of the whole procedure that is stalling me from doing this. Especially since I don't have a rivot gun.

I have been wondering. For the above mentioned procedure, can you replace the rivots with some type of bolt or screw so that you don't have to drill the rivots out everytime? That is the only part of the whole procedure that is stalling me from doing this. Especially since I don't have a rivot gun.

I don't know if you can or not. ;shrug I only used the panel removal procedure to get inside the door to adjust the windows and replace the guides. Just offhand, I would guess that a nut/bolt would interfere with the window operation. You might do another search to see if someone else did it that way. However, a hand rivet gun is pretty inexpensive. And we can always use a new tool, can't we? :thumb
:w
Stew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom