Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interest in gp usm stealth ram? L98/LT1

pologreen1

Corvette
90 polo vert
I am sick and tired of messing with this motor and intakes, eventually I want a strong motor, so I contacted (USM stealth ram) to see if they could give the vette guys a break, since it cost so many times more for theirs.

They told me they make them for L98, LT1 now, so that will really help us get the guys together HOPEFULLY! I know the economy sucks, but I am hoping he can give us a decent price on these.

He said it costs alot to make them, and 15 hours each, but he is willing to look at it.
He will call me back tomorrow
let me know here so he can figure how many guys we can round up

modified to fit under the hood
Holly Stealth Ram C4 L98 w/Fuel Rails & Adapter Kit
UPDATE another cheaper version maybe possible soon, a differnt place is working on it.

Thats cool! What does the product look like? Do you have a link?:cool

I thought it wouldn't clear a stock vette hood?

This is the modified version that costs alot more, but they might be willing to do a group purchase.

So this particular setup will fit under the hood of my car?

yes, they customize it and it will fit under the hood, and they sell the whole kit. They are pricey, but still the same as a mini or a SR really.
they machine it to fit under the stock hood.

Where is the best place to compare the miniram, SR, and LT1 style intake? I was thinking about an LT1 conversion. Pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things. This setup looks really salty.

jsut do a search on holley stealth ram intake, and you will see it blows the others out of the water. I have a super ram, and if I don't get this I am getting a mini, but I figured I would try to get a group purchase on these modified ones for vettes.
they pull all the way up, and they make way more power, set up right. You can grow in the futre for a long time.
if you get a mini or lt1 you should have real low gears in an auto the lowest I would say, unless you can pull to 6500 and more, that is the power peak.
this intake pulls hard all through.
here is the comparisons
Articles That Use Comp Cams® Products

That was a good read.

do you want in on a much cheaper one? let me know, you buy the base and fuel rails they make the plenum, alot cheaper than usm

Where is the best place to compare the miniram, SR, and LT1 style intake? I was thinking about an LT1 conversion. Pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things. This setup looks really salty.

John Millican's site has been down for a while. I think the guy who bought his business owns this one-

LT1 to SBC Intake Bolt Pattern | Tech Aids & Articles

Anyway, John had some great dyno comparisons between the Stealth Ram, LT1, and Street Ram. Not sure where it went though...;shrug

do you want in on a much cheaper one? let me know, you buy the base and fuel rails they make the plenum, alot cheaper than usm

I just finally got my spark curve manageable on my 383. I have the big mouth base and siamesed runners. Exactly like the article. The car is a monster, I love it.

I would like to explore other intake possibilities. The car revs to 5200-5300 decent now.

Yeah, let me know what you've got.

update: a much cheaper version maybe available now, you buy the original, and they make a custom plenum (WAYYY cheaper!) this way

OK, GUYS THE NEW PLACES PRICE WOULD BE : THE COST OF HSR, FUELRAILS, CUSTOM MADE PLENUM, BECAUSE THEY MAKE A PLENUM NOT HACK UP THE OLD ONE. PRICES MAY BE GOING UP, BUT NOT A LOT
THE WHOLE HSR KIT USE TO BE $750 FROM THEM TOTAL. TO BOLT ON YOUR C4 VETTE

HSR= $320
fuel rails regular FPR=$ 185
fuel rail with AFPR =$235
custom plenum = ? at this point

When will you know plenum price?

they have to get set up again. Hefigured next week or 2 for sure.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom