Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interior dye help needed.

Marlar

Corvette
1965 Nassau Blue & 2006 VY Z06
I am in the process of returning my '65 vert to it's original exterior and upholstery color. It was white and the exterior was Nassau Blue. Thus the dash needs to be blue. The center console vinyl trim would have been blue also. I see that there are "dyes" available. If a primer (also offered by various vendors) is applied, will a blue dye work satisfactorily as a brush on treatment? Neither the primer nor the clear coat to protect the "dyed" vinyl seems to be available in anything but the aerosol cans.

Can anyone give me the benifit of their experience with this approach (the cheap approach vs a new console/dash cover and dash pads)?

:confused

Call Wilcox Corvette they sell both the dye and primer for Corvette colors in aresol cans. Problem is its expensive and from White to blue may be a coverage problem.

Call Wilcox Corvette they sell both the dye and primer for Corvette colors in aresol cans. Problem is its expensive and from White to blue may be a coverage problem.

Thanks. I have not heard of Wilcox Corvette, but will Google the name. Actually, I am going from black to a light Blue and that may cause some coverage problems if the primer does not act as a real primer.

:ugh

It's Willcox (two l's). :)

John Z:

Google took me to the same place with the one "l". Anyhow, I was hoping for someone with experience using the dyes to chime in. Several vendors sell the stuff, but that is no assurance that the stuff works well. My upholsery guy says that the newer dyes, as opposed to years ago, are not as good and do not wear as well. :duh Of course, he spells "dye" as "die". What can you do.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom