Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interior lights staying on ,and headlamp motor "clunk"?

fatbloke-dim

Corvette
93 'vert,bright aqua,lt-1
Cut'n' paste from the bottom of a previous thread........
Had a flat battery fail at a recent show, car had won an award, and then would not start ,just slight solenoid clicking and then nothing. Embarrassing? A bit !! Thought something was up when , going to the tonneau release button ,all I got was a half-hearted click ,and no release. When I got the car home, I noted the two square lights that face the rear of the storage compartment were on, and were still on about 20 minutes later, with all doors, hood,and tonneau closed ,but doors unlocked. No other interior lights noted lit. ( since discovered ALL interior lights are on , and dimmer near bottom end of travel ) Any ideas about this? Finally , would this account for a current draw sufficient to flatten an otherwise good battery in about 6 hours? There has been a long-standing issue with a drain on this car ,once I tried to measure it ,and it showed between a quarter and half an Amp , also these lights are'nt that easy to see from outside with the tonneau closed , so may this have been going on for some time. For this reason , I fitted an inline quick disconnctor on the negative terminal . This has saved the battery , the car will sit for the winter months , and in springtime, the battery is connected, wait for the fuel pump to cut off, and up it fires on the instant it cranks. Impressive. It fires on "most" cylinders, others cut in shortly after , one by one, and it sounds like a big radial lighting up. Sweeeet.

Also ,if anyone can help on this ; if you've disconnected the battery ,when you re-connect, is it normal for the left - not sure if the right does it - headlamp motor to make a slight clunk momentarily? Nothing seems to move , the headlight does'nt twitch ot jump or anything or otherwise attempt to activate. Don't know if this be normal , or whether there is a drain on the circuit as a result of the power being restored to the motor.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom