Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Interior Lights

ToneTone

Corvette
1996 Silver Coupe CE
The interior lights on my 96 coupe will not come on every time the doors unlock with the Passive Keyless Entry System (PKE). Also when you open a door the lights likewise do not come on every time. They will come on however in about 30 seconds or so. Lights work when you manually turn them on. Has anyone had a similar problem????? Any help is much appreciated!!!!:beer

Don't Laugh

Have you checked the battery in the PKE fob.

Also put the key in the ignition and don't turn it. Then push the door button on the fob to cycle the PKE door lock unlock cycle to see if they are working freely.

I had to use a little electric contact spray cleaner in the locks on mine to de gunk the mechanisim so it would operate freely and the switches could make good contact.

In reading the FSM for my 93 there is a light sensor on the dash above the fuel info switch. It send a signal to the central computer that keeps the interior light off in the daytime.

Have you checked the battery in the PKE fob.

Also put the key in the ignition and don't turn it. Then push the door button on the fob to cycle the PKE door lock unlock cycle to see if they are working freely.

I had to use a little electric contact spray cleaner in the locks on mine to de gunk the mechanisim so it would operate freely and the switches could make good contact.

Thanks for the info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom