Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interior Paint

C

Corvette Craig

Has anyone ever used the interior paint they sell in the Vette mags? I'm thinking about switching interior colors in my 81, but I would rather paint the dash and door panels than replace them.
What about the CARPET paint, on the door panels there's a small section of carpet, could I paint that also, or would normal DYE work put on with a toothbrush? I dunno.
I'm switching from a dark orange interior over to black so I know the color coverage would work, I'm just unsure of these products.

try it and color ok but where off and will scrach
off

Craig,

If you are going with a major color change, I would stay away from that stuff. If you don't prep it right, and get it clean, it will peel and flake off very easy.

The carpet color is best for making the color back fresh, not changing it.

Finally, often, you may be better served to call a local detail company and let them bring a mobil detail unit to you. Most are equiped with the industrial grade dies and can color it back on the spot. If you can't find one, just ask any used car lot manager, and they should give you the name of one or two of these guys.

I've used the interior paint from Eastwood's and have not had any problem with it whatsoever. I'm pleased with the results.

_ken

Ken,

Did you change colors, or just freshen them up? I uses a lot of Eastwood products. A fellow can run his credit card up in a hurry flipping through that catelog once a month.

69MyWay said:
A fellow can run his credit card up in a hurry flipping through that catelog once a month.

:L Ya got that right!

As for the color, I just renewed the original graphite color on the sills and various other small pieces. I didn't use it on the vinyl, I replaced those pieces. ;)

_ken

69myway is right about prepping it right. that is the most important part of the process. on mine i changed the color from tan to black but there is alot to do in this process than just wipe it off and spray.Eastwood does carry alot of great stuff for doing this.or you could get a bodyshop to do it. i know more expensive than a mobile but will last alot longer ,but the thing with that is finding a shop that will take the time to do it.my painter will not do interior pieces so i call sa mobile called Dr. Vinyl.he does great work and guarentees it,good luck,,,joe

Dr. Vinyl

Joe, I've seen the ads for Dr. Vinyl here and there. So he's good eh? Glad to hear it, and the fact that you told us about him. :upthumbs

_ken

I used some and it worked great for certain parts

DOCMOW said:
try it and color ok but where off and will scrach
off

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom