Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

interior... whats yours look like?

jj_long81

Corvette
L81 origional
this is my origional interior. it would be nice to have some new carpet and even nicer to heve some new seat covers but it is what came with the car so i think its cool. i fixed the center plate a few month ago where they sag under the radio and the e brake. when i was finished the controls for the heat/a/c fell through. the tabs on the back were cracked. ill remove it again and fix the tabs with some plastex plastic repair. it works well ive used it in the past. here it is, i thought id share my interior with ya all.
110_4388.jpg

110_4387.jpg

110_4385.jpg

110_4389.jpg

110_4386.jpg

110_4384.jpg

110_4383.jpg

Very nice color for the interior! Exept for the somewhat colorfull looking carpet :D you have a great interior. I don't see any problems with the seats so no real problem there. The only thing I would check is the right door, I see some rust in the picture. But if you keep it nice and dry it shouldn't be a very big problem I think.
Good luck!

Groeten Peter

Very nice color for the interior! Exept for the somewhat colorfull looking carpet :D you have a great interior. I don't see any problems with the seats so no real problem there. The only thing I would check is the right door, I see some rust in the picture. But if you keep it nice and dry it shouldn't be a very big problem I think.
Good luck!

Groeten Peter
ya the drivers seat was hacked by a shop that took the origional foam section and repacked it with cotton bat. the rust is the door seal, the rattle strip i think its called.. i guess i would also like to get all new rubbers but i will take care of mechanical functions first. thanks for checking my pics out i like to hear the comments and suggestions.

And here is my interior in progress:

At this moment:
IMG_4829.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

And what it (some day) would look like (little lighter leather than seen in the render):

peterv2.jpg

Groeten Peter

thats gonna be great looking. i was looking over your posts earlier and saw this. i really like the seats and the sde pannels for the center counsil. are you gonna use leather/vinal? how will you transition from dash to panel? im sure it will be awesome. cant wait to see. its not to extreme at all. looks factory if you didnt know. probably will look better than factory. seems like im frequently making things fit better. ive seen many cars from st. louis that were much better quality fit and finish than the bowling green cars. maybe its because mine is early but the body fits terrible. ill show ya. have you noticed this before. has anybody with a bowling greem car noticed this. mine is a two tone color if that might matter. thanks for the pics i enjoy looking and talking about my/others progress. see ya....

oh, i almost forgot. those fuzzy dice fit right in to the 80' gotta have those fuzzy dice.:D

Thanks :) I hope to build something different but in a way so it also could be original. Original but better so to say :D All the "bone / magnolia" collored will be pure leather so no vinyl. And all the black will be 100% wool carpet (is darker then normal carpet). The transition between the dash and the panel will be the rusty collored panel you see in the picture. Now it isn't rusty anymore, put foam on it and then leather, the leather will slip right under the center console panel and on the lower transition from leather to carpet is easy, the carpet gets a black leather ending about 1/2". The center console panel is also more horizontal (higher) and the rear brake support is also higher so no need for a cushion. Hope it helps :)

Groeten Peter

thats cool ill be looking for pics of the upcomming progress. the color combo in there really classy. ive seen them embroidered and it looked factory but exceptional.

Spikebot, that looks great! What'd it take to get those seat in there, and are they fully functional??

Original dark blue cloth interior. I added the wood dash and shifter console about a year ago.

Damoroso, The seats are from a 2001 vette. Drivers side is 6 way power and pass. side is manual. They are both fully funtional however these seats sit about 2 inchs higher than stock so if your tall (I'm not) you might have problems. Not too bad of a mod for install. I fabed some brackets for the pass side so I could use the stock mounting holes. Both seats from the C5 had brackets that are riveted to the seat rails which need to be removed. The brackets that where on the front where installed on the rear rails with no brackets on the front rails. The drivers side I just redrilled new holes in the floor pan and pluged the original holes. The front rail holes came out right over the trans cross member and it was a ***** to get the nuts and washers on but I did finally get them bolted up. They sure are WAY more comfortable the the 81 seats and now I can adjust the seat backs. Took for ever to find the C5 seats that met my picky criteria

interior upgrade/refresh

I helped a friend refresh the interior of his '80. You can see the before, work-in-progress, and after photo at our Corvette club's website (1980 interior).

I have an '81 but don't have detailed photos of my interior refresh.

Gotta tell ya, they look great! And now, thanks to your efforts, I know what I want to do with mine. I'm sure they're much more comfortable than the stock seats, so now I'll just have to find a pair....

Thanks for the info and the picks!

Gotta tell ya, they look great! And now, thanks to your efforts, I know what I want to do with mine. I'm sure they're much more comfortable than the stock seats, so now I'll just have to find a pair....

Thanks for the info and the picks!

Thanks for compliment. When I bought the car 10/07 I new the seats had to go. All the aftermarket race seats just didnt seem to look right. Lots of guys have installed pontiac feiro seats and they look great but I had trouble finding them and then you still have to rebuild them. Got these C5 seats at a swap meet. Guy wanted $650 and I weasled him down to $500. Probably still paid too much but they go for $800 all day long on ebay.
:thumb

Here are a few of my '81 two tone :thumb

HPIM0744.jpg

HPIM0745.jpg

HPIM0746.jpg

HPIM2013.jpg

Cinnabar cloth (67C)

Looks and feels like new. No fading, stains or tears anywhere. With just 55K this one has always been babied and I keep her perfect. Original paint too. Got lucky when I found this L81.

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

Fall08.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom