Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Intermittant/Bad O2 sensor?

jcs44

Corvette
2003 Z06 Torch Red/Black
Is it possible to have an intermittant (or bad) O2 sensor that would cause an occasional misfire, causing the service engine light to come on, but NOT set a code? I've had this situation going on for about a month now, but it only happens after the car has not been driven for a few days.

Thanks, JCS44
96 LT4 Vert

i do not think a n o2 would give you a misfire but i supose anything is possible can you grab a code when the light is on ? I would suspect a bad ground or some other part failing maybe even ecm if it is not storing codes Steve

What I've got is the service engine soon light coming on but not setting a code. The light goes off within a day, and it may then stay off for a few days, but eventually it comes back on. This began after having the plugs, water pump, and distributor cap and rotor replaced.

What are you using to check for codes? If the service engine soon light comes on a code should set, especialy with a rough idle, unless there is a problem with the PCM if there is an internal problem in the PCM a light could come on and the engine run poorly and not set any codes you will need to have a scan tool hooked up to check for this you can also jump 4 to 12 on the ALDL connector to actavate the CCM diagnostics and check for codes in other modules were they may have lost communacation with the PCM, this is a good quick check to find falty PCMc in 90 to 96 in most cases you will set a code 41 in the CCM.

David Fulcher

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom